Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

TNT: Renascence

Eternal wants to release the first 11 levels of TNT: Renascence.

TNT: Renascence is a remake of the first episode of TeamTNT's original TNT: Evolution. All levels are designed for 'vanilla' Doom2 or Final Doom executables and "compatible" with their limits. TNT.WAD must be used as IWAD and "-complevel 4" for PrBoom/+.

18 random full-sized screenshots at 960x600 on single page:
http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/tnt2.html

I'll put it into /Incoming tomorrow.

Pretty awesome that someone understands TNT's less obvious than Plutonia's highlights.

Nice to see that there is another TNT wad in the works even through the maps are remakes of the original but still I look forward to playing it :)

Looks pretty good, I'll have to give it a try. And by the way, if its a remake why are you calling it TNT 2?

I hope I'm not bothering anyone by pointing out that TNT was the name of the team, and Evilution was the name of the mapset. Thus it should probably be Evilution 2.. (TNT2 would be Icarus, Daedalus, or Eternal DOOM, I guess?)

Interesting entryway, it's always a pleasure to play new maps from Eternal.

Spleen said:

I hope I'm not bothering anyone by pointing out that TNT was the name of the team, and Evilution was the name of the mapset. Thus it should probably be Evilution 2.. (TNT2 would be Icarus, Daedalus, or Eternal DOOM, I guess?)

Icarus is TNT2 :

Source: http://5years.doomworld.com/interviews/tyhalderman/page2.shtml

I first wanted to point out that you probably meant Renaissance, but then realized that renascence is a word too, just much less used.

Too his credit it certainly felt like evilution. I did get lost a lot though. Awesome TITLEPIC.

I had high hopes for this mapset and I was really looking forward to play it. But now after about 5 maps or so, I'm totally disappointed by this.

Btw TITLEPIC is stolen from StarCraft.

This set of maps plays with my good nostalgia vibes for the first TNT and just ruins everything with worse gameplay and leveldesign.

It totally lacks any creativity or originality. If this is the point, than I cannot see why anyone would want to play it. The authors of this took out the fluid gameplay from the original and just scrambled the maps around. Instead of making new maps that have some familiar parts in it that remind you of the good ol' days, it has the exact same elements of the original, but cluttered up with unnecessary new hallways inbetween. It feels like some uninspired Doom newb just loaded TNT.wad into his editor, messes around with the maps and releases his 'own version' of it. For me, the original is WAY more fun to play and this version seems to me like getting served the same dinner from last week again.

I would be more constructive, but this set of maps feels totally useless for me. I know the KDiZD episode gets bashed alot, but for me this was a very good and entertaining remake that offered a lot of creativity and originality to make it feel new, fresh and exciting again.

Solarn said:

I first wanted to point out that you probably meant Renaissance, but then realized that renascence is a word too, just much less used.

Oh, so it is. It still made my inner spelling-Nazi cringe, though.

I'm at map 09, so far it's awesome. I felt the texturing is really well done, textures are properly aligned and 'cut'. Some areas feel a bit cramped when compared to the original versions, though.
Map 07 is really tight on ammo.

Overall it's very good, Eternal really caught the TNT vibe. Waiting for the complete megawad :)
I'm curious to see if Never_Again will attempt a 4h-long maxdemo on this one as well.... :p

Played through map06 so far on UV with saves and I'm loving every second of this :)

I've just played Maps 1 through 7.
Would've played further but port crashed (I forgot to set maxdemo I think).
Very similar to the original but I didn't find it too similar to be put off by it.
Really great job.

Those screenies look great.

Just like the sort of vanilla project I love playing.

Thanks for this. :)

sorry for the necro but i got to play this and i think its absolutely amazing and so much better than vanilla tnt evilution its just a shame that it ends at map11 hopefully this gets finished by either the original author or someone else because theres no way im going back to regular tnt evilution

i mean no offense to team tnt here its just that thanks to the benefit of hindsight and the lakc of a deadline to meet the author was able to improve upon the source material and makes something that feels more polished and also flows better