Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Glaice

Lighter sounding plasma

I am looking for something or a WAD that contains a replacement for the plasma gun sound that is easier on the ears, anyone have suggestions or links to something that might be abound?

You could use the Doom 3 plasma or -- if it's too soft -- samples from the oft-mentioned Heroes.wad or Heroes2.wad (different variants; I think the latter is from Corridor 7). The former variant is kinda sweet.

the reason the plasma sound is so loud and obnoxious is because it does have the pistol sound mixed in.

Not long ago, I lowered the volume with Windows' Recorder program, and it didn't really get noticeably degraded.

I don't have that WAV file or lump around anymore, though. But, I mean, you could do that.

This is the exact reason I never use the plasma gun in my levels. Plus it requires boring open-area circle-strafing, instead of ducking in and out of walls.

jukenukem4d said:

This is the exact reason I never use the plasma gun in my levels. Plus it requires boring open-area circle-strafing, instead of ducking in and out of walls.

Well, the first reason has been solved multiple times in this thread, and the second reason seems to be poor map design :P

I've tried using fireball sounds and, while better than bleeding ears, they don't really have enough punch. As printz said, it's too soft.

Checked out Phml's link and that's definitely better on my ears, thanks!