Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

The Expendables

Best action movie of the past decade? Hell yes.

Shame Kurt Russell wasn't involved, but that's what sequels are for.

I went to see it with a friend yesterday and I thought it was pretty amazing. I'm definitely getting it when it comes to DVD. I've read some pretty bad reviews for it, but most of them seem like bullshit. There was an article in Rolling Stones that complained about the acting being horrendous and the dialogue being dreadful but I never noticed that.

Craigs said:

Rolling Stone

Well, that's your problem. Rolling Stone is one of the shittiest magazines in print.

I don't understand the negative reviews for this at all. It is a ACTION MOVIE. There is not supposed to be a deep plot or accurate physics. Are you seriously telling me you walked into this film and expected Shakespeare?

I saw this last night. The plot was cookie-cutter, the dialogue sometimes made absolutely no sense and some of the casting choices were dubious. I was expecting action stars and got mostly wrestlers instead.

Even so - there were lots of explosions, ridiculous stunts and people beating the snot out of each other. A++

Oh yeah, I was supposed to see that with a friend last night. Oh well, got too caught up in Dorf Fortress.

Clonehunter said:

Really? Just one?

Oh, does Chuck Morris appear at all? :P

Is this guy like some kind of Elvis impersonator.

People have been giving this bad reviews? They must be women or queers.

Why no i haven't seen it yet. TO...er...THE OTHER CINEMA WITH CHEAPER PARKING!

Seeing this when I get paid. Normally I'd boogie over to the movie directed by Edgar Wright, but those Scott Pilgrim trailers don't look promising... at all.

I was very disappointed with it. I can live with a paper-thin plot in an action film if it's all but disregarded but Expendables seemed to take itself a bit too seriously. When it did attempt to inject some humour or mock itself a bit it came off awkward. Even less forgiveable was the action wasn't particulary impressive.

I actually preferred the A-Team movie!