Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

Creepy ambient tracks

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!

I'm looking specifically for some creepy ambient "music" tracks. Well, it's not music but just scary ambient noises that sound like some fucked up basement of a creepy serial killer or something ;)

I have a pretty big collection of Dark Ambience music, but I'm looking for something more in the direction of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZMUhXNr7sw&feature=related

So basically just scary noises that creep the fuck out of you.

I know that not many people listen to this type of stuff, but maybe some1 knows a page where I can find stuff like that, or can tell me some artists that do ambience like that.

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Eponasoft, I've listened to the tracks but they are not exactly what I'm looking for. They should be with almost no music at all, but instead have creepy random noises every few seconds or so that make you feel like someone is right behind you or at least you are not alone...

@Hell's Vendetta: Do you have the tracks on a CD or did you extract them on your own? Btw yes, I'm interested :)

Share this post


Link to post

Anything that plays impulse tracker mod files.

Madtracker.
Modplug Tracker.

This includes any source port that has FMOD.

Share this post


Link to post
BlueEagle said:

@Hell's Vendetta: Do you have the tracks on a CD or did you extract them on your own? Btw yes, I'm interested :)


I only have a few music examples i can send you right now. i want to make sure it's what you're looking for, that and i need to find the rest of the music :P.

How do you want me to send these to you? PM? File sharing site of choice?

Share this post


Link to post
BlueEagle said:

Thanks Eponasoft, I've listened to the tracks but they are not exactly what I'm looking for. They should be with almost no music at all, but instead have creepy random noises every few seconds or so that make you feel like someone is right behind you or at least you are not alone...

@Hell's Vendetta: Do you have the tracks on a CD or did you extract them on your own? Btw yes, I'm interested :)


Rip some sounds from Carnivores 1,2, or 3. C2 has a creepy cave theme going on for one map... Alien eggs all over the place, you can hear them sliding around and crap. No music at all. C1 also has some creepy atmospheric sounds. Scare the shit out of me.

Share this post


Link to post

Even though you hated my level, you wanted to find a fitting track for it? That is very nice of you! :P

BlueEagle said:

They should be with almost no music at all, but instead have creepy random noises every few seconds or so that make you feel like someone is right behind you or at least you are not alone...

Share this post


Link to post
Hell's Vendetta said:

I only have a few music examples i can send you right now. i want to make sure it's what you're looking for, that and i need to find the rest of the music :P.

How do you want me to send these to you? PM? File sharing site of choice?


You can upload it whereever you like :)
Thanks!

@Hellbent: Yeah, good old me... always helping other people ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, funny how I didn't seem too interested in the tracks until I noticed they were modules... :P

I like these, though. Of course, I'm also half-expecting them to suddenly break out into crazy action music a la DMC, but that's probably just me.

Share this post


Link to post

I uploaded a quick experimental piece to the directory I posted earlier. There are two versions of the track, both should be the same though... one is the normal save from OpenMPT and the other is a compatibility export which is strict .IT format. Feel free to use or not use it.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×