Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malinku

Speedmapping session 21 closed

I'm going to be running a speeding mapping session this upcoming Saturday. The session will last 24 hours.

The maps in this session will be Deathmatch maps.
It will start at 12:00am CST (GMT-6)

Info:
Maps must be in doom2 or boom format
Maps can be of any size
Maps can have any theme
you can use Erratic Texture Pack along with any stock textures

if you need any other info you can also go to #speedmapping on irc.skulltag.net

link to compiled pack:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ap6lb8

A better approach to speedmapping is to not give any information until the day of. At this point i could start mapping right now if I wanted to.

40oz said:

A better approach to speedmapping is to not give any information until the day of. At this point i could start mapping right now if I wanted to.

yea that was not a smart idea (fixed)

Why would you have a bug fixing day? Isn't the point of speed mapping that once the time's out, the map is done for good?

If a map submitted for a speedmapping session is so broken that it needs more time for bug fixing, just throw it out as a failed entry.

I think I can spare about 2 or 3 hours for your session this upcoming Saturday Malinku ;)

After nearly a crapload of hours of coming up with nothing I finally made something in about 2-3 slow hours.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23908441/philspedS21.wad

Map name: "Some Gothic Place"
music from Castivania: Aria of Sorrow

Sad that no one else in Doomworld made a speedmap for this session but I notice in the Skulltag forum that about 3 people made some maps so least its not the only one ^_^

I know that.
The number is just the 21st first time the topic Speedmapping session was used as a title for a thread on this forum.

Jodwin said:

By the way, why is this session 21? Shouldn't it be 25?

Technically it shouldn't be since Doomworld Speedmapping sessions are usually single player maps made in 100 mins and NOT in a 24 hour period(like 32in24 for example). Malinku you should rename this to Malinku's speedmapping session 2 like the one you did in December of 09.