Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david_a

Always bet on Duke [Update: It's official]

Captain Red said:

Space marine gets extra bonus points for not having a fucking cover system. I'm buying it for that reason alone. YOU CANNOT SERVE THE EMPEROR COWERING BEHIND A CHEST HIGH WALL

Exactly.

I dunno, I thought it was a FPS. I read somewhere that it switches to third person only when you melee.

khartael said:

But.. Duke! The safety regulations!

HE'S A LOOSE CANNON.

This is why I hate Duke so much. He is a bad role model for our children.

Thing is, after 13 years of rumours, rewrites, engine changes, dev team changes and dev team closures I'll be VERY FECKIN SURPRISED if this is true. Even if it is, Gearbox will doubtless find something more important to do.

Stick with the memories, peoples - they're better for you.

(By that I mean go and play DN3D ;) )

Craigs said:

This is why I hate Duke so much. He is a bad role model for our children.

If he was intended to be a role model this would be a bad thing.

Maes said:

"Postal Dude escapes from the hospital with a head trauma that causes him to have seizures, then goes to a chinese fast-food joint called "Greasy Panda" where the clerk that serves him is a zombie that starts complaining about work conditions and then the whole fast food is full with zombies, and after the Dude kills the zombies he gets promoted to Mad Cow Disease Control Officer and gets to kill cows with a sledgehammer, only that so-called peaceful animalists try and kill him with machine guns and grenades and then the cows were zombies and after that he goes shoot some elephants in a reservation "to make children happy" etc. etc."

lol ** :D

BilboHicks said:

DNF is cursed, I predict Gearbox will go out of business before it is finished ;-)

That'll probally happen. Just wait and see :)

It feels like I'm getting old. I remember Gearbox as the studio that developed Opposing Force and Nightfire. However, considering that Opposing Force was the best expansion I've played, and generally prefer it to the original Half-Life, I think they might be able to pull it off. They also have this uncanny knack for releasing a game in less than 12 years. As long as Broussard isn't involved I think it could probably get done, but I'm not sure it matters at this point. There's quite a few people playing games who have no idea what Duke Nukem Forever is aside from a long running joke, and have never actually played the original games. They'd probably be better off making a new Blood, at least it wasn't all titty jokes.

It's official folks.

According to Pitchford, Gearbox began finishing “Duke Nukem Forever” in late 2009.
The game is currently expected to ship in 2010 although given it’s history Pitchford is understandably reluctant to be more specific.

At the very least they have people actually interacting with a demo that has polish, which is further than it's ever really been before.

I've got a feeling it's going to be released sometime around Christmas. Just seems like the most appropriate time for something that's been in developement as long as DNF.

Heh, /v/ just about exploded with joy when it went official that Duke's back. Not that I was there.

Always bet on Duke. That's what they say, and I'm hoping it'll pay off...

Jodwin said:

...so which one is it?

They took it over in 2009, so maybe the 'next year' quote was from back then. A delayed release in 2011 certainly would be fitting, though.

david_a said:

They took it over in 2009, so maybe the 'next year' quote was from back then. A delayed release in 2011 certainly would be fitting, though.

They had the game for less then a year, so I'd be more then willing to give them one more year to make it a polished as possible.

I'm pretty sure that we'll never live to see Duke Nukem Forever. It will be released, that much is certain, but we won't live to see it as it will bring about the end of the world. I know someone who works for Gearbox that said they're actually going to release it in 2012 which is the year the world is going to end. It is common knowledge that Duke Nukem Forever can never be released. It's one of the laws of nature. So when they release it in 2012 it will cause a massive paradox that will tear apart the time space continuum and destroy the universe.

Right; I'm implying that their settlement probably included sharing some rights over this title, as opposed to one or the other controlling it.

myk said:

Right; I'm implying that their settlement probably included sharing some rights over this title, as opposed to one or the other controlling it.

Ah, ok.

I'm going to walk up to an old person and punch them in the face when this comes out.

Scuba Steve said:

Hail to the King, BABY!

I BELIEVE MOTHERFUCKER!I BELIEVED MOTHERFUCKER! AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!

IF YOU WANT LOVE FROM DUKE YOU MUST GIVE LOVE TO HIM BABY!