Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DeepSea texture adding

I exported some doom textures as .bmp files, edited them in ms paint and am now trying to put them back into my wad, but when I do using DeepSea's super handy F7 menu they don't show up in the map editor. I know I posted a similar problem regarding the sp_dude6 of d1gfxd2.wad, but I still don't understand how to put textures into a wad so that they show up in the map editor! thanks.

A nice easy (but limited) way to modify textures for Doom 2 without too much hassle is:

Make a copy of your doom2.wad (just in case).
Using a lump editor open up the copy.
Find the TEXTURE1 lump and click on it to view the textures.
Find a texture with a single patch that you don't like or definitely won't use in your map (i.e. any of the Wolfenstein ones).

For example: ZZWOLF uses a single patch: WOLF1

Find the patch (WOLF1) and export it to a bitmap.
Edit the bitmap but make sure the size doesn't change.
Import the edited bitmap into a new wad keeping the same patch name (i.e. WOLF1).
Add the new wad as a resource when editing your map.
When you want to place the new texture on a wall use the texture name (i.e. ZZWOLF).

I added the texture successfully, but I added two flats and they both came out tutti-fruity in game. :(

They're not in the Doom flat texture format. Hit the import options button a couple times to switch it to "FLATS". Then try importing it again.

EarthQuake said:

They're not in the Doom flat texture format. Hit the import options button a couple times to switch it to "FLATS". Then try importing it again.

ahhh.. you gotta click on the flat button before importing. thanks!