Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

A brand new megaWAD: Top Secrets of UAC!

Hy all,

I'm Katamori from Hungary, and I make a new megaWAD, called Top Secrets of UAC.

In the story, UAC is an enemy organization, because in year 2096 a war was beginning between Union Aerospace Corporation and Earth's government. The main character is an American soldier, who was in a prison in a secret UAC base. This is the start of the game.

I'm planning various levels, like mall, city, desert, cliff, UAC base, moving metro, alien world, etc.

I started to work on April and some days ago I finished MAP03. This is my first work in Doom.

I use original Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom: Evilution musics and also Heretic and Rise of the Triad. Sounds from Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

How to share the first 3 levels? Can you help me?

Thanks everything,
Katamori

(oh, and sorry if my English is bad, but I speak English only basic level)

For your first maps they are pretty good but please do get rid of the Halflife sounds as they sound too ridiculous and are not necessary.

Make sure you save it as a .zip file instead of a .rar file.

Way, way, way, WAY too many hitscanners. This is basically impossible. Also the new sound effects are entirely pointless and unnecessary.

Philnemba, Nomad: I can delete weapon sounds, but the HECU voices are need, because in my WAD the zombies are not zombies, but living persons

Oh, and what mean "hitscanner"? sorry, but I can't understand everything

Katamori said:

Philnemba, Nomad: I can delete weapon sounds, but the HECU voices are need, because in my WAD the zombies are not zombies, but living persons

Oh, and what mean "hitscanner"? sorry, but I can't understand everything

A hit scanner is an enemy with a pistol, shotgun or chaingun. The Spider Mastermind's chaingun is a hitscan weapon. You cannot avoid it like you can avoid an Imp's fireball.

pcorf said:

A hit scanner is an enemy with a pistol, shotgun or chaingun. The Spider Mastermind's chaingun is a hitscan weapon. You cannot avoid it like you can avoid an Imp's fireball.

[Cringe part removed]
This makes the weakest monsters (and also Spider Masterminds) so dangerous, the "instant-hit-or-miss", that depends on luck.

Edited by The_MártonJános

pcorf said:

Oh, I'm understand. I called them always in my language :D well, I'm need to put many hitscanners, because the human enemys are hitscanners and for the realistic maps, I'm need to put many soldiers.
Why? Because the first levels are in a military base, which place owns UAC.

I have a REALLY IMPORTANT question.

I used a lot of Final Doom textures(Plutonia and Evilution too) in the WAD, and I want to ask: can I use these textures? I will read the source of all new stuffs in the WAD, but I dont know: I must do other steps for I use the textures?

Sorry if not clear, which I wanted to say...

Cell said:

Hi there Katamori!

It's time to reveal who I am: also a Hungarian

im half hungarian, good to see you around guys :)

Cell said:

ARE YOU?! o.O
(I'm actually half French half Hungarian, that's why I speak quite cassé English)

I am ^^