Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

1st Overmind mission in stronghold.

The guns are quite often really difficult to find - I guess you just need to use the automap and explore every nook and cranny thoroughly, or if all else fails, open it up in Doom Builder.

40oz said:

wasn't this wad playtested?

Yes and no. Not too long ago, there was some really ways to beat the boss (toss a smart bomb... YOU WIN!) which I believe have mostly been fixed. I most likely let that slip through the cracks and didn't go back and playtest it after those issues were fixed :| My fault on that one. But, I've made a note of it and will tweak the gameplay for the map for next time.

DoomHero85 said:

Yeah, it's just that level that seems to have the guns really well hidden for some reason.

No guns spawn on the first wave, for some reason. Kill shotgun guys to get the shotgun.

For the next release, they need to put guns on the first wave. I'm playing it on easy right now. But the shotgun isn't gonna cut it when I go back to play it on UV. Also, the backpack still doesn't increase ammo capacity (on easy at least).

40oz said:

wasn't this wad playtested?

Remember, they spent all the time on the countdown images!!!!111

Kill some shotgun guy, take the shotgun. Then, invulnerability + quad damage and pump away at the overmind. Lots of random enemies and weapons will appear all over the place. When the invul goes away, timefreeze to grab some gear and repeat the invul + quad damage routine, this time with a bigger weapon. Overmind dies, all other enemies do as well. Mission complete.