Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deepthought

how to do balconies?

How can i make a balcony that i can walk under and get on top of? i think it might have something to do with H_transfer_heights

Use3D said:

If using Zdoom you can try Stacked Sectors, look here:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Stacked_sectors

Nope; AFAIK, those are mere "portals", probably copied or inspired from Eternity, with mere aesthetic value and no walk through. There are other choices though:

- for software rendering ZDoom:
* use "3d middle texture" linedefs
* use regular middle texture linedefs, together with "bridge" things

- for GZDoom or any other hardware rendering ZDoom fork: use the 3d floors as said by the above poster. Those look the best for what you're trying to accomplish, but make your wad require GZDoom or something similar.

printz said:

Nope; AFAIK, those are mere "portals", probably copied or inspired from Eternity, with mere aesthetic value and no walk through. There are other choices though:

Oh you're right, I probably should abstain from giving editing advice for a port I don't really use. :)

deepthought said:

how do i use 3d middle textures?

Depends on the map format you're using.

Generally: you make a 2-sided linedef with middle textures (usually STEPTOP). Make sure to align the texture vertically on both sides so that when you go into visual mode, you see it at the height the player is going to walk.

Now, it depends on the map format you're currently using...

ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format): apply the Line_SetIdentification on all these "bridge" linedefs. Argument 1 will be arbitrary, but Argument 2 must be 32. In fact, the Doom Builder 2 GUI shall assist you.

ZDoom (Doom in UDMF format): things get easier here -- just apply the relevant linedef flag. It should be in the same place where you find the classics: "impassable", "two-sided" etc.