Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Teleporter not Teleporting

So I got the tagged linedef action 97 WR teleport. Along with that your destination sprite and sector tag for destination sector. Will not teleport. Frustrating as hell. Seeing as I've done enough of 'em that I shouldn't be experiencing this problemo. Any ideas?

In vanilla doom teleporters are set up like this:

You have a linedef with the appropriate teleport action set, and you give it an arbitrary sector tag. Then you take your destination sector and give it a linedef tag of that same number. It doesn't matter what the value of each tag is except they must be the same, thus linking that line to that sector. The next important step is making sure you have one (and only one) teleport landing spot in the destination sector.

Reasons why it might not work:

1. You're not using a W1 or WR trigger type (not applicable in vanilla).
2. It's using a W1 trigger type and the player or some monster has already activated it.
3. The destination sector doesn't have enough vertical room for the player.
4. The destination sector contains unclosed sidedefs (broken sector).
5. The teleport destination has skill level flags set incorrectly (this would be my guess).

Everyone has their own unique niche within the Doom community. Mine is apparently to be the guy that reminds everyone else to check the difficulty flags on their teleport destinations.

Nope, flags are appropriately checked. And everything else that I can readily perceive seems to check out. It's getting to be a grievance. Think I'll need to forward it to somebody for analysis so they can say, "It was this you dummy."

Or have them tell me that it works perfectly in which case I may consider having myself committed. Seriously, I can't put emphasis on how ridiculous this is. Unless I've encountered a Doom Builder 2 bug, which I doubt.

Is the teleporter linedef facing the right direction? It should be like this: I- P (P is for Player)

Flip linedefs with the F key, but you probably already knew that.

EarthQuake said:

5. The teleport destination has skill level flags set incorrectly (this would be my guess).

It has appeared on Vanilla DooM's E3M6 where the two teleporters in the vine building didn't work on easy mode.

Cell said:

It has appeared on Vanilla DooM's E3M6 where the two teleporters in the vine building didn't work on easy mode.

Theres no such on E3M6. Theres is a teleporter on Map19 of Doom2 however that doesn't work on the lowest two skills. But it's use isn't required.