Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
General Rainbow Bacon

Any way to do this? [single player with multiplayer settings]

add -solonet to the command line. I've only done this with prboom+ but I think it should work for all ports considering it could easily be a vanilla doom2 parameter.

It's not a parameter in the original, but it's imitating vanilla behavior.

In Doom you use the IPXSetup file with -nodes 1. PrBoom can also do the same through the included multiplayer server, with -N 1.

In a demo, there's nothing distinguishing a -nodes 1 game from regular single player in the header, so the same procedure must be used when playing back one-player multiplayer demos.

Okay, so then putting -solonet doesn't work then? I was reading one of the other threads and someone said that scythe 2 had a lot more monsters in multiplayer, but when i used -solonet, there weren't more monsters. I maybe didn't look far enough into the wad, I stopped looking around map 10.

The command-line option for this is -solo-net (not -solonet).

It works in Prboom+. You can tell easily if you have successfully launched the game in this mode because the status bar is different (colour behind the face) and you'll immediately notice something different on Doom2 map01.

If you're using Chocolate Doom, it's really easy to start a coop game from chocolate-setup. You can start the game without waiting for anyone else.

If you are using Skulltag (I don't know if this works on other Zdoom-based ports) you can type "multiplayer" into the console to instantly activate multiplayer emulation. you may need to restart the level if you want the multiplayer spawn items, however.