Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Hexen demos

yutube sucks, zdoom sucks, and your demo sucks too, because it last more than 5 minutes.

Seriously, what kind of reaction you expecting for casual demo on first, small and easy map of game in age of fifteen? It was played already thousand times by thousands peoples. Good speed demo for this map for any class on any skill should be below 2 minutes. For example, I had a demo in 1:08 by fighter on skill 2.

---

OK. Skill 5 by cleric: 1:35. First exit.

---

Enough for me: 1:22.

Yeah, the classes are definitely not equals when running. Since you don't get stat screens, Hexen running may as well concentrate on plain speed and be split into one "category" per class.

Woohoo! New world record! :)
Map01 skill 2 fighter: 0:59

Vaporizer said:
Got 1:05 on skill 1

If you exploit freelook cheat by shooting to the bell from ground - then your time is hopelessly slow. It should be at least for ten seconds faster.

This thread inspired me to do a Hexen demo just for fun.

Deleted Scene (Hexen Edition) Skill 4 fighter 0:48
exe: zdoom 2.5.0

Sorry that its recorded under zdoom since it was the easiest way for me to record a Hexen demo(really wish there was a Chocolate Hexen). Anyway feel free to post a faster run than this if y'all want to cause I'm pretty sure it can be improved.

Also its too bad DSDA no longer supports Heretic/Hexen demos :(

dshexed-048.zip

myk said:

Yeah, the classes are definitely not equals when running. Since you don't get stat screens, Hexen running may as well concentrate on plain speed and be split into one "category" per class.

Plus, there's the periodic spawning of new enemies. "Max demos" would probably have to focus just on killing original monsters and leaving the rest, which is awkward.