• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fatal error

A little news about olddoom.com

Aliotroph? said:

Sweet. A 1995 webpage full of old links! :D

Genuinely surprised it doesn't have a MIDI embed. Oh, hang on *turns volume up*. Oh...

deathbringer said:

Genuinely surprised it doesn't have a MIDI embed. Oh, hang on *turns volume up*. Oh...

In true 1995 fashion, the embed is made using a non-standard tag, so it'll only play for the people who use IE. (Ha-hah.)

I didn't have a music player plugin installed, so no music played. I assume it's just some standard song from Doom?

also I think I spent more time noting the background that didn't tile on some pages than anything else. Non-tiling images being tiled is one of my bigger pet peeves.

EDIT: or I could have just looked at the source and noted that the file name was D_E1M2.mid.

EDIT2: or the page footer... heh

Gez said:

In true 1995 fashion, the embed is made using a non-standard tag, so it'll only play for the people who use IE. (Ha-hah.)

At least it is Doom music >_>

In any case, it reminds me of some doomworld.com webpages (without the )

EDIT: in any case, there seems to be another reason I'm NOT using Firefox.

"The site will shut down on Tuesday if $13 cannot be collected."

Okay, I'm fucking poor as all hell, but if you can't get $13 scraped together to keep your life's work (?) up and running while you're still paying for the internet, I don't even know what the fuck.

printz said:

EDIT: in any case, there seems to be another reason I'm NOT using Firefox.

OK, if you're not going to use FF at least use Chrome

TimeOfDeath said:

Why not use a free host instead of shutting the site down?

It's probably a "web hosting with *free* domain name" type of plan and depending on the terms of service, moving the site elsewhere could mean loosing the domain name.

Yeah, I guess I'm underestimating the importance his domain name has to him after so many years. I just can't tell if he won't bother moving the site to a free host/new domain if he loses olddoom.com.