Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

Whatever happened to 32in24?

Whatever happened to 32in24? That system of megawad creation was a great boon to the community. And according to the Doom Wiki, there are still "overflow" maps from 32in24 1 and 3 that haven't yet been released.

Good question. Maybe the project is just delayed? People get busy, so, who knows. Maybe someone here on the forums will know something. Either way, chances are, it's still going to happen. There just might be a delay of some sort.

My guess is that the guys running it just need a break or don't really have the free time. I was sad that I missed the last one :(. Hopefully if there's another one in the future, I'll be around to participate again.

Definitely. Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and Harmony could all use the help of 32in24.

BlazingPhoenix said:

Why can't there ever be a single player 32in24? :(

There were at least two 32in24 sessions that were single player maps:
32in24sp & Diet 32in24

Also I agree that there should be a Heretic 32in24(not to mention Hexen and Strife).

Philnemba said:

There were at least two 32in24 sessions that were single player maps:
32in24sp & Diet 32in24

Also I agree that there should be a Heretic 32in24(not to mention Hexen and Strife).

I never knew there were any single player 32in24 WADs, but now I that I do, I want to play them. Thanks for positing the links :)

The main problems with single-player 32in24s were that the maps took a lot more work to do, much of the usual 32in24 participants seemingly had little interest in single-player mapping, and conversely many single-player mappers seemingly had little interest in 32in24s. The result was that it took a lot of trouble for a few levels that were usually pretty mediocre. :\

I think I'm the odd one out. I love making SP maps and I can usually make them in a pretty short amount of time.

Seeing how I have three 32in24 contributions but no other DM maps to my name, I'd cast myself as being the "more comfortable with SP maps" type.

But then my involvement would make it wind up being something like 32in720. :(

TheCupboard said:

A Heretic 32in24 would be most appropriate.

I liiiiiike >:D

I vote against Heretic 32in24 because I don't have the game therefore would not be able to participate (I greatly prefer Doom anyway), and what's a 32in24 without jolly ol' brinks?

Why Heretic?

Because it's the one most similar to Doom?

I don't mean that to sound rude. I'm just asking why everyone who has commented positively on the idea of a non-Doom 32in24 has, so far, unanimously said Heretic.

Because it's more popular than Hexen and Strife, because it's easier to map in Heretic than in Hexen or Strife too.

esselfortium said:

The main problems with single-player 32in24s were that the maps took a lot more work to do

Solution: 32in24 1024maps!

stewboy said:

Solution: 32in24 1024maps!

You know, considering the success of the 1024 series and the good ratings for the 32in24 series, I think this combo would be a great idea. Seriously. A WAD of 32in24 1024 maps would be pretty cool.

Xaser said:

I'm surprised nobody's called it "32in1024" yet. ;)

Because that would only be appropriate for the tenth iteration of 32in24.

Which one are we on again?

I remember suggesting a 1024 32in24 a long time ago. I still think it'd be an idea worth trying. Hopefully the size restrictions would help facilitate faster design times.

And I also second the idea of a Heretic 32in24, singleplayer or multiplayer. Would be fun to get people making maps for it since they aren't that common.

oh well,i made a similar thing to 32in24 hour speedmaps of heretic... only can them are really less more than a entire megawad!