Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kira

Facebook wants me to identify this guy

So, Flynn Taggart or Doomguy?

PS: yes, the user interface is in French.

Doomguy obviously. Flynn's an impostor, John's a zombie and you'll find what little's left of Buddy's corpse in E1M8 - the demons there have healthy appetites.

chopkinsca said:

So... he's duke nukem?

That depends on whether or not you are duke nukem.

Also I wouldn't go with Flynn Taggart. That's an unnofficial literary snagged from Tom Hall's initial plans for Doom. Since many of Tom Hall's ideas didn't land in Doom I wouldn't really consider it his game. Within the game, the only time he actually identified is the ending cut scene in which he is named "Our Hero." In any other case he is loosely identified as "you" in all the text scenes. So I'd just go with "You" or "Doom Guy"

Just because it requests something of you, doesn't mean you need to obligate yourself to do so. Not yet at least :D

Jodwin said:

There is no Taggart.

Mattfrie1 said:

Doomguy. It's what I always call him.

Mattfrie1, you need to keep in line with the poster above you. Do you not see the authority with which Jodwin states the facts? You call yourself a marine? Is it Doomguy or is it Doomguy? What kind of shifty response is that? Get the fuck out of my sight before I put a cap in your ass you whiny, sniveling maggot. You make me sick. *spits*

This piques my curiosity for how unrealistic a face has to get before their recognition algorithm won't pick it up any more. It'd be interesting to do experiments with smilies/icons/etc. of varying realism.

Hellbent said:

Mattfrie1, you need to keep in line with the poster above you. Do you not see the authority with which Jodwin states the facts? You call yourself a marine? Is it Doomguy or is it Doomguy? What kind of shifty response is that? Get the fuck out of my sight before I put a cap in your ass you whiny, sniveling maggot. You make me sick. *spits*

Sorry master, I will never disobey you again.

40oz said:

Also I wouldn't go with Flynn Taggart. That's an unnofficial literary snagged from Tom Hall's initial plans for Doom. Since many of Tom Hall's ideas didn't land in Doom I wouldn't really consider it his game.

No he's not. Flynn Taggart was the name of Doom guy in the Doom novels if I am not mistaken. The name people have ascociated with Doomguy from the Doom bible is Buddy Dacote.

kristus said:

No he's not. Flynn Taggart was the name of Doom guy in the Doom novels if I am not mistaken. The name people have ascociated with Doomguy from the Doom bible is Buddy Dacote.

Oops my bad. I had mistaken doomworld's hosted site "The Page of Doom" for the Doom Bible.