Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Intl. Doom League Summer 2010 Title Game Broadcast

The International Doom League and TastySpleen TastyCast will close out the 8th IDL season with MasterBowl VIII as the IDC's Electric Bills face off against the WDC's Berserker Packers. This game marks the first time that both conference leaders were eliminated from Championship contention as both #1 seeds were dealt upsets. This is the first time in league history that both conference leaders failed to progress to the championship game.

IDL's MasterBowl VIII kicks off at 11:59pm EDT on Monday, August 30th, 2010. Pre-game coverage featuring league commissioner Ralphis, IDL Head of the Board Ladna, and Tastyspleen's staple broadcaster Jehar will begin at 11:45pm EDT on TastySpleen.TV.

With this in mind, it would be nice with a stream mod for Doom. As there's no option to use picmip.

The Electric Bills are lead by team captain Xenaero along with #1 overall draft pick Whiteboy567, #2 overall pick (acquired by trade with the Doom Raiders) Hatred, and #16 overall pick (and Czech superstar) Dew. EBL began the season poorly, losing four of their eight games straight. However, a week 5 trade from the winless Doom Raiders put them over the top as the team finished their last four regular season games 3-0-1. The Electric Bills went on to defeat both their divisional rivals, the Killing Browns, in the Wildcard Round and the reigning world champion Super Chargers in the IDC Conference Championship Game.

The Berserker Packers are lead by rookie team captain Jenova along with #4 overall draft pick ItalianStallion, #13 overall pick Sabertooth, and undrafted (acquired as a Free Agent) Legion. BSK has been a dominating force all season, finishing 5-2-1 overall and tearing through the playoffs with wins over the Flag Steelers and undefeated Brokeback Cowboys. BSK has what is perhaps the fiercest offensive game in the entire league with superstar flag runner Jenova.

Since I'm off of work tomorrow I actually have an excuse to watch this tonight on Tastyspeen.tv so I look forward to this.

I think I always had the potential to love a competitive sport. It's just that none of them ever quite resonated with me - until now.

This was really cool to watch. Shame it was over so quickly.

UPDATE: Stream of the game can be found here. Not sure why the links in the original post got messed up.

Congratulations to the Berserker Packers, Summer 2010 IDL Champions!

Due to losing track of time I was 30 minutes late and pretty much missed everything -_-;...least I get to watch the recorded stream :D

Ralphis said:

Not sure why the links in the original post got messed up.

It's because you put "" around the url in your BB code links.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch this live, though I did get hold of the stream the following morning (Spain!). Thoroughly entertaining to watch. Like Creaphis, I too have a new sporting interest.

GG, but the team I rooted for lost :p

I watched the demo Hatred posted, yesterday, rather than the stream.

I recall one season where Whiteboy did defense and he was ruthless there. Sometimes he's kind of mindless doing offense, so maybe EBL would have been more effective had he been used in the rear. Then again, Stallion is brutal, which explains at least part of why EBL didn't score much.

If possible, I'd like to see the all-stars game, too.

Mindless? There's not too much you can do on that map if you're up against a truly solid defender. The defender will always have the upper hand regardless of the entrance you choose, especially if you're up against a brick wall(Stallion). Not that it would of changed the outcome, but we did go in with a different strategy than what we originally practiced with. Sort of a last second decision that ended up costing us in the end.