Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Doom Builder on mac

So has anyone figured out how to do this correctly yet? I haven't asked in about a year, but I really miss making levels :/
Thank you

I would do that, except last time i tried that, boot camp decides it won't work with my mac, and long story short, it would take 2 minutes just to move the mouse a pixel -_-.
Otherwise i would :/
Btw thanks for replying :)

Yep we did everything (my dad mainly did it, he's a computer NERD lol, that's all he does is work on computers and macs) but we couldn't figure out what was wrong with it :/ so there's no hope then?

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has gotten it working with one of the Virtual Machine programs available for OS X, but I haven't tried it in years so I can't really say.

Have you tried Apple's tech support forums (or calling support directly, or taking it to an Apple Store if you have one reasonably near by) to see if you can get your issues with Boot Camp worked out? There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get it working, and I'd imagine they would be far more equipped to help you with it than anyone here would.

Clonehunter said:

Nonetheless:

Mac = Fail

Thanks for this unquestionably helpful and constructive post about Mac troubleshooting, Clonehunter. I'll be sure to take it into consideration the next time I release a project I made on mine.

Once it is done installing Windows, boot from your Windows partition and INSERT YOUR SNOW LEOPARD DVD then let it install the drivers it wants to.

Dos that help? The slowness sounds like a driver issue to me.

Clonehunter said:

Nonetheless:

Mac = Fail

Yeah .... I agree. Even though I'm using my Mac as I type this.

I can still play Doom on my Mac, just use Skulltag.

pcorf said:

Yeah .... I agree. Even though I'm using my Mac as I type this.

I can still play Doom on my Mac, just use Skulltag.

Thanks for bumping this year-old thread to tell us that, Paul.

Also, use Parallels.