Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Dumb Question

Why is the Doomworld clock always 20 minutes behind the correct time? I've noticed it forever, and it's always bugged me, but I just decided to ask about it for some reason.

I believe the time is based on the time where Linguica is at, which is in west coast, california.

-bfg spamming prince-

Why is the Doomworld clock always 20 minutes behind the correct time? I've noticed it forever, and it's always bugged me, but I just decided to ask about it for some reason.

Heh, welcome to the day the forums opened, since it's been doing that ever since that fateful day. :)

I believe the time is based on the time where Linguica is at, which is in west coast, california.

Dude, timezones are usualy in 1-hour increments, not 20 minute increments.

And unlike every other timezone in the world this one divides by minutes and not hours.

[Edit:]Godammit Dan beat me. FOO![/Edit]

When he was setting it up, he had the clock open to set local time, Esco posted a msg, it took Ling 20 minutes to read it, he then hit enter on the clock set thing, = DW is always 20 mins behind world time

When he was setting it up, he had the clock open to set local time, Esco posted a msg, it took Ling 20 minutes to read it, he then hit enter on the clock set thing, = DW is always 20 mins behind world time

LOL...behold the legend of The Doomworld Timezone.

Heh, welcome to the day the forums opened, since it's been doing that ever since that fateful day. :)

Yeah, I know. I was just looking at it and I all of a sudden wondered why.

I think Fod was just making fun of how hard it can be to read esco's posts.

The cool thing about time zones, from a British point of view, is, if any non-Brit needs to know the time, they 1st need to know what time it is in England, then they can add the hours or subtract them to find out what time it is where they live = Brits Rule :)

Motherfuck...again you beat me to the punchline about 30 seconds quicker. :P

The cool thing about time zones, from a British point of view, is, if any non-Brit needs to know the time, they 1st need to know what time it is in England, then they can add the hours or subtract them to find out what time it is where they live = Brits Rule :)

Or we could just look at one of those weird machine things. You know, with the gears? Clocks, I think.

I may have been refering to how long it takes Ling to read a post, I have it on authority he moves his lips when reading, I remember way,way back having to send an email to Ling and prefixing it with "I am typing this slow because deadnail told me you cannot read very fast" :)

LOL!!!!

p.s. i'm following the super bowl on another browser, hte patriots might actually win...

I remember way,way back having to send an email to Ling and prefixing it with "I am typing this slow because deadnail told me you cannot read very fast" :)

*Golf clap* Mwa yes, I adore dry British wit. Very good, chap. Pip pip, cheerio an shit.

LOL!!!!

p.s. i'm following the super bowl on another browser, hte patriots might actually win...

TD RAMS BITCH SUCK IT

Ugh...superbowel...my Dad made me watch that...at least he let me go home during halftime.

Dude, even in the same place clocks are at slightly different times. Just like my wristwatch; it's about 1.3 minutes ahead of my school clock.

The time right now at this very instant in time as I type these words right about......wait for it.......NOW is 10:40. What time would that be in Britain, fod?