Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NaturalTvventy

Unstopable charging lost soul

Hi crew,

I'm trying to make a lost soul that doesn't stop charging when it is shot. I'm using DECORATE. Is there a way to make the physics of the lost soul unchangeable while charging (or ever, that'd be fine)? I tried giving it no pain chance but that wasn't it, and then i bumped the mass way up and that didn't do much either. Any suggestions?

Thx,

NT

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do it short of making it invincible during the duration of its charge. I don't know if ZDoom allows such, but in Eternity there is a flag called INVUNLCHARGE, which is generalization of behavior that was previously specific to the Heretic Maulotaur, which covers this automatically.

ZDoom has Maulotaurs, so they might have something similar.

Unfortunately not. The invulnerability when charging is handled at the moment by A_MinotaurDecide, and it depends on whether the actor is friendly or not (since Hexen's summoned minotaur is not invulnerable when charging).

Replacing that with a more generalized flag is not the worst idea. I always hated how the invulnerability for the Minotaur was implemented.

What I've done is remove the 'solid' and 'shootable' flags while the lost soul is charging (removing 'solid' might not be necessary) which makes it a non-target and thus unstoppable. It's not what I'd like completely because I'd still like it to be shootable while charging, but it's not bad. Since in ZDoom the lost souls are somewhat translucent it looks like they have become ghosts and thus your attacks are passing through. It's what I'll use unless something better comes along.