Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

heretic speed mapping session 4, coming soon

hello guys, i just want to make you know about another speed mapping session this weekend, ideas and feedback are really appreciated.

And also a better title for this project...

What do you think of "speed of corvus"?

I'll Definitely join as usual ;)

A suggestion: We should try doing Heretic CTF speedmaps this time(like 32in24-4) and aim it for both ZDaemon and Skulltag since only those two ports supports CTF for Heretic. The only problem is that I can't find a ZDaemon(heretic in hexen format) Doombuilder 2 configuration file anywhere(which most likely doesn't exist).

CTF, really? It seems like for only the fourth session, that is too specialized. Besides, has anyone played the DM one other than The Ultimate Doomer?

There haven't been many submissions in the past, either. I vote for vanilla single player maps, because I think people are more likely to contribute to that. At least, I'm one of them. Even though I would enjoy making a CTF map (for the first time), I don't think I'd be interested in doing it here especially after already making a DM map the last time.

PS Speed of Corvus sounds good :DD

Well its all up to Walter since hes running the show however to be honest I wouldn't mind giving single player Heretic speedmapping another shot :)

magicsofa said
Besides, has anyone played the DM one other than The Ultimate Doomer?

*raises hand* TUD and at least half a dozen other people played them all on ZDaemon shortly before that /newstuff and we really enjoyed it. The small Heretic fanbase will play pretty much every Heretic wad that gets released eagerly. :p

I don't know about any editor CTF configuration files but this is all the important info:

5080 = Blue team start
5081 = Red team start
5083 = Green start
5084 = White start

5130 = Blue flag
5131 = Red flag
5133 = Green Flag
5134 = White Flag

talking about the "capture the flag", this morning when i was in the drowsiness i thinking about a "dwango" style mapset or a 3096x3096 sp map (as like as the wolf 3d map size) for limit-removing ports.

What do you think about this option?

And whatever, i'll check out if heretic capture the flag is supported for zdaemon... as i know, it works without problem (?) for skulltag...

Oh aye, you'll find CTF works just fine in ZDaemon and Skulltag. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this, regardless of whether it's CTF or not.