Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

Carmack

Thanks for the link-- the article hits all the important points, I think.

Yeah nice read,but when was it actually done? 'Soon to be released Ge-force3'Must've been a while ago.Doom3 with no narrative plot YEAH!!! that's what I want to hear.

Nice read.

I hope that because JC doesnot talk very much, that doesnot mean he can't listen too! (new screenshots please)

More recently, Mr. Carmack tangled with Mr. Jobs's handlers, who wanted to censor his Doom demo for the Macworld trade show in January 2001. He kindly avoided showing any killing or blood, but insisted on keeping the ghoulish images of demons.

My new goal in life is to personally hunt down Steve Jobs and feed on his black, evil heart.

"Unlike everything we have done before, the new Doom actually DOES have a real plot, and I think it is going to be presented well. I don’t really expect most people to believe us at this point, but wait and see… "..JC

wait and see

I have done my part of waiting, it's Id's time to let me do the seeing now

I have done my part of waiting, it's Id's time to let me do the seeing now

Well, well, there's one impatient guy here eh?
Go and play some Doom instead of complaining about no new visual presentations from Id.....please.

thx for link.i did't expect about plot much.but it seems thay are trying to put real effort on it.well as he tell,we have to wait and see.

Some characters are over 500,000 polygons in their original form.

Dear. God.

Unlike everything we have done before, the new Doom actually DOES have a real plot, and I think it is going to be presented well. I don’t really expect most people to believe us at this point, but wait and see…

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades !

Unlike everything we have done before, the new Doom actually DOES have a real plot, and I think it is going to be presented well. I don’t really expect most people to believe us at this point, but wait and see…

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades !

Hm, they also claimed that RtCW would have a compelling plot, and while the plot in that game is good imo, some people think that the plot isn't very well done (I seem to remember that our very own Linguica complained about something like that).

I don't know how good the story should be to satisfy you Flathead, but I know that some people are bound to complain if the plot is as good/bad as RtCW's.

Personally, I was quite happy with RtCW's plot (was based on the concept of Wolf3d, left a lot of room for the player to think about what happens, is far better than any earlier Id game's plot) and I'll be happy if the new Doom's plot is just as well made as RtCW's.

Like Carmack says: We'll just wait and see...

he's just a whiner.

No, he just prefer different things.

he's just a whiner.

No, he just prefer different things.

dsm, you tolerant basterd!!