Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Doom in Hungary

I'm from Hungary and here Doom it's not an important game in present days. My classmates alway annoying me: "Doom is sh*t!", but I don't care, what do they saying...

I now only 2 guys, who likes Doom very well.

First is Péter Lábas (ReptileMK423) , he' 17, and he makes videos, which he tell about the WADs, like a "show". His videos are available here: http://doomwadstation.blog.hu/

The other guy is Dániel Mihalik, or Body-Guard. He's 19, and I think, he's a fantastic mapper! He as good as like Eric Baker, Paul Corfiatis, and other people. Body-Guard make 12 servers on Zdaemon, called Destiny Servers. His WADs are multiplayer: Between Demon Claws, Counter Strike CTF, TEH Base and Liberation of Earth. Other information and downloads: http://hwc-tm.ath.cx/

Anything other Hungarian Doomer?

And sorry, if this post looks like an advertisement... I don't wanted that

The most prominent Hungarian DOOM fan I'm aware of is Adam Hegyi, the maintainer of Compet-n, although he is not active anymore.

But Europe in general is a good place to play DOOM as there are a lot of players in the EU or surroundings.

I think you are lucky enough to know 2 people. I only know one doomer in person and he's in jail right now.

40oz said:

I think you are lucky enough to know 2 people. I only know one doomer in person and he's in jail right now.

Speaking of doomers (potentially) in jail, has anyone heard from Dr. Sleep in a while?

Nomad said:

Speaking of doomers (potentially) in jail, has anyone heard from Dr. Sleep in a while?

From Romero's formspring page, it said he borrowed/owes a large sum (30-40k USD) and is on the run from the law, if I recall.

Define: Doomer

If by Doomer you mean, someone who will say "Yeah, sure" if I ask "Want to play some Doom?" Then I know a handful of "Doomers".

If you only count people who actively peruse this and other Doom forum/sites for the latest WADs and news, then I have no friends.

Speaking of doom as national thing, I think in my country (Czech republic) it is actually very popular. Many reknown speedrunners are from CZ and I believe quite a number of active guys here also.

So this thread is officially about any country? Cool.

I`m from Norway, and I know a few who willingly plays Doom (co-op), but I don`t know any "active Doomers".

I know there has been a few more prominent ones though. Anders, Kim Andre, etc

I sure would like to know what this Hungarian Doomer is raving about ;-)

Maes said:

I sure would like to know what this Hungarian Doomer is raving about ;-)

LOL, it's my own video!!!

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

If you only count people who actively peruse this and other Doom forum/sites for the latest WADs and news, then I have no friends.

Same here.

Nomad said:

Yeah, this still baffles me until now. Besides being surprised that Dr Sleep is in this situation, I wonder why it's not discussed much. Besides the formspring (and the wiki citation pointing to it), I did not find much else (discussion) on it.

J-selva said:

Yeah, this still baffles me until now. Besides being surprised that Dr Sleep is in this situation, I wonder why it's not discussed much. Besides the formspring (and the wiki citation pointing to it), I did not find much else (discussion) on it.

Well, there is this thread, and then there is his talk page at the Doom Wiki. Outside of that, there's not much discussion because there is not much to say; outside of what Romero has said, anything else would be speculation.