Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Mystery Science Theater 3000

(cool story bro time)

I was attending a nerd convention this past weekend in Atlanta and they hosted, among others, some of the stars from Mystery Science Theater. It was a great time, and inevitably there were questions. Some dude asked the Rifftrax guys if they ever considered riffing on video games.

Kevin Murphy stated that they don't really follow the games scene, and the last video game they really liked was Doom. He went on to talk about how Doom was the reason they got a network in the office, and how they pride themselves on never having played using a controller.

Finally, Mike Nelson was the biggest Doomer out of all of them. Back when MST3k had its own conventions, there was one year where they gave away prizes for trying to beat Mike at Doom. He trashed every last one of them, only to throw the match for an 8-year-old kid at the end.

Interesting to know...

I knew there was a good reason for my draw to that show.

All this time I thought it was just because I liked old horror movies.

Never throw a match. In anything.

Haha somehow I expected that. In a few of the movies he riffed, he made passing mentions of Doom.

Bucket said:

He trashed every last one of them, only to throw the match for an 8-year-old kid at the end.

That is just great though.