Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derp

My Wadseeker is being a bitch

I'm using Skulltag to give multiplayer a shot.

I don't know what the hell it does to find the damn WADs, but once it's done downloading whatever, it basically restarts the download, freezes up, crashes, and then leaves me without any WADs. I set them up to download to a certain folder and it says some are in there, but then it says I need more WADs to play in a certain game. It basically downloads unnecessary ones in some weirdass file type, and then I don't know what to do from there.

Help plz!!

Nevermind, I fixed it. I had to change the file location to read the folder the WADs were saved in, then download them from the original site through my web browser.

Since you solved it, I`m hijacking this thread to ask this:

I tried Skulltag on a co-op server, and it downloaded ht.wad. It was actually quite cool, but what the hell kind of wa is that? Tried searching in the archives but it only says I need to more characters than just "ht" to search, and I cant find anything on "ht.wad".

wads that are played on skulltag aren't always hosted here on the archives. Sometimes they are but not usually.

Ah, yes, that must be it. Cool beans. When I think about it, it was hosted on a IDDQD server, so it makes sense.

edit: I`ve tried several servers on skulltag, but wtf, almost all of them are using these crazy ass mods with millions of different weapons, monsters, powerups etc. That freakin sucks!

I have so far found two cool servers, the IDDQD one, and another one which we played Doom 2 co-op (with ultrafst monsters :O )on. No bullshit, just good old and plain co-op. But then there is the ping on most of the servers...

Actually quite fun playing co-op. Someone from here should join up sometime.