Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. T

Micro$uck uses Bing to search for town name, fails

I like how they are going to "make it right" only after it leaked out to the media.

The comments, as always, are amazing:

Chewy 52 minutes ago

Sounds like Microsoft did due diligence a little too late. However, I smell something fishy with this. I believe that this could be a way for the Federal Government to finally destroy the company that Mr. Bill Gates, one of the smartest American minds in history built from the ground up. I believe that this is nothing more than political posturing.

Yes, the evil Federal Government has used time travel technology to create a town with a name that would be censored by Xbox Live as an insidious plot to destroy Microsoft once and for all!

Gez said:

The comments, as always, are amazing

It's more amazing that he was trying to make up conspiracy theories that are pro-MS.

Also, thread name is misleading/outright lying. There's no mention of searching anything with Bing in the news article. :P

Glass Rook said:

Then things likely aren't looking good for gamers in Dicksville NH...

At work, where we have over aggressive filters, I was reading the Wikipedia article on Mary Poppins (don't ask, there was a reason, OK). Anyway, you can't get much more innocent than that right? So, then I clicked on the link for the page about the actor who played the character "Bert". Still innocent, right? Apparently not when the actor is called Dick Van Dyke. LOL

Considering the language in most Xbox titles and the language its userbase uses over microphone, it seems somewhat hypocritical for MS to care so much about obscenities in user profiles.

There's a place on the north coast of Ireland called Muff.

And let's not forget Cockermouth, Cumbria...

As many have already stated it could be worse. What annoys me is how XBOX Live blamed miscommunication on the whole thing. While I agree that in some ways trying to convey that Fort Gay is a real place can seem absurd I don't see why the customer service rep wouldn't just check the zip code or direct the call to his superior.

*Sigh* Maybe I just don't get it ._.

Kirby said:

As many have already stated it could be worse. What annoys me is how XBOX Live blamed miscommunication on the whole thing. While I agree that in some ways trying to convey that Fort Gay is a real place can seem absurd I don't see why the customer service rep wouldn't just check the zip code or direct the call to his superior.

*Sigh* Maybe I just don't get it ._.

Because call center reps are bitter jackasses who get off on giving people a hard time whenever they possibly can. Guarantee you that guy, wherever he is right now, is laughing his ass off.

Somewhere up in michigan there's actually a place called Gay. Nothing of real interest up there, except for a place called the "Gay bar" which sells t-shirts appearantly.

Also, the road sign pointing there has appearantly been stolen on many occasions.

We've got for example: "Testicle lake" (Kivesjärvi), "Dog cock ditch" (Koirankyrpäoja), "Fuck lake" (Naimajärvi), "Annamari's crotch" (Annamarinhaara) and "Horse cunt" (Hevonvittu).

There's a place somewhere in southwest England i went through once called Apse Heath, however when i went there somebody had created a very professionally done fake road sign that said Arse Heath and taped it over the real one! We were all laughing until we got to the other end of the village and looked back.

InsanityBringer said:

Somewhere up in michigan there's actually a place called Gay. Nothing of real interest up there, except for a place called the "Gay bar" which sells t-shirts appearantly.

Also, the road sign pointing there has appearantly been stolen on many occasions.

There's a Gaylord, Michigan too. Unless that's what you're speaking of.

kristus said:

There's a hotel called Gaylord texan in Dallas afaik.

Which I have been to for two of the Quakecons hosted there, as well as once with family when we had a good friend who worked there. Its a neat place actually.