Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OldSchool83

Doom Fever original cd for sale!

I'd buy it if I had a lot more money that I could throw around, but more as a collectors item because I like collecting.

brinks said:

I am sorely disappointed at the fact that this isn't a Doom-themed disco album.

On the other hand. I'm relieved that this isn't a Doom-themed disco album. Fuck that gay shit.

"Your Duty has always been to" SHAKE IT HARDCORE!!

Other than that, since the disc I supose is techincally illegal, just release all the cd's files in a zip file download from Rapidshare or something, do us all a favor.

Never_Again said:

Halve the price, change the auction to Buy It Now and you have a buyer. ;)

Quarter the price, post worldwide (not for free) and you have an auction. ;-)

Gez said:
If anybody is going to buy it, it would not be for its content anyway.

Some do gather this sort of stuff for the sake of collecting, but were it shown to have files not found anywhere, I'd consider buying it for the new content, and to make it public. Personally, keeping yet another disk on my bookshelves is certainly less amusing than trying an old WAD I haven't played yet. But yeah, there's a good chance that all the "new WADs" in it are either those early IWAD-level edits that aren't on idgames for a reason or stuff that's already on one of the many shovelware disks already on the net.

Gez said:

If anybody is going to buy it, it would not be for its content anyway.

I recall there was a shoveware that included a CD-Audio track of E1M1...now THAT would have some value, but I don't recall more about it other that it had the Doom shareware logo printed on the CD itself, and it was part of a 12-CD "shareware pack". Good times....

From the photos provided I can see there are such golden oldies like 1_ON_1, ASDOOM1 (later re-released with more levels as ASDOOM) and YAKWORLD on the CD, with a good measure of junk DM maps. After re-reading the item description, I don't think I would buy it at half or even quarter of the starting price - my money has an allergy to hype.