Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

How do I take screenshots in jDoom?

This is probably going to sound really stupid, but I'm not a troll, I promise.

Anyway, seeing as the 'screenshot' command in jDoom doesn't do what it's supposed to, I figured I would try using the printscreen key. The result is a gray square.

I'm starting to get slightly frustrated now, so could someone give me some help here?

I am using 1.9.0 beta 6.9 on Windows XP and it works for me.
It outputs Targa (.tga) files in the \snowberry\runtime subfolder.
After pressing the key you have configured for screenshot it should write something in the console like: Wrote doom-000.tga.

If you want to use PrintScreen try running Doomsday in a window (not fullscreen) it may work then.

4mer said:

I am using 1.9.0 beta 6.9 on Windows XP and it works for me.
It outputs Targa (.tga) files in the \snowberry\runtime subfolder.
After pressing the key you have configured for screenshot it should write something in the console like: Wrote doom-000.tga.

If you want to use PrintScreen try running Doomsday in a window (not fullscreen) it may work then.

I don't have a snowberry subdirectory for some odd reason.

How do I get doomsday to run in a window?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the files. Anyway to host a TGA file?

FYI: For the upcoming 1.9.0-Beta6.10 release of Doomsday I've implemented a couple of new virtual keys for the PrintScreen and Caps Lock keys (default bound to "screenshot" and "toggle run/walk") on all supported platforms.

Now we just need to allow outputting screenshots in something other than TGA (it annoys me too).

DaniJ said:

Now we just need to allow outputting screenshots in something other than TGA (it annoys me too).

Please don't waste your time on this. If image viewer doesn't support TGA, then it sucks.