Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Porsche Monty

Launching Chocolate Doom from WadAuthor

I'm talking about the lil "Run Map" button. It works with the vanilla executables and apparently it's been made to work with ZDoom's as well, but everything that seemed logical for me to try, has so far failed.

Any confirmed, working .wcf file (or whatever it takes) I could use? this is not that much of a deal, I can test the map a billion different ways, but this method just happens to be the quickest.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, weird. Changing the reference to doom2.exe in the .wcf seems to break the run map functionality. You could cheat by renaming your chocolate doom exe to doom2.exe I guess ;-P

Porsche Monty said:

Well, that's about the second thing I tried, but it didn't work.

What kind of error message are you getting?

I've been using WadAuthor for almost a decade now and still never bothered figuring out the inner workings of it's launch function, heh. I used to be able to get it to build nodes externally, but that stopped working when I changed OS. Even after checking the directory paths were correct, it still refused to use the external program. It just flashed a cmd window briefly, just like what you're getting at the moment. I'd be interested in an answer as well, but I suspect it might be just plain broken.