alien vendetta
hells bells
the rebirth
vilecore
vile flesh
the master levels 2
dsv6
1monster 2

I don't think sequels make sense unless they are by the same (or similar) team as the original. Otherwise you tend to get conflicts with differing visions of what the original's themes and aims were.

Grazza said:

I don't think sequels make sense unless they are by the same (or similar) team as the original. Otherwise you tend to get conflicts with differing visions of what the original's themes and aims were.

Generally I tend to agree. However, there is a community wad that I believe deserves a third installment. 10sector. We haven't seen one since 2000.

imphead said:

megawads i think that could have a sequel are

1monster 2

This time, they'll give it a twist and call it 2 monsters. Imagine the challenge!

You seem awfully obsessed with sequels. So much so that you think Master Levels 2 needs a sequel even though there isn't even a secret to Master Levels in the first place. Silly you!

Making a WAD themed after and being a story sequel to another is fine, if the original gives permission to be used as a base. Using the name again, more or less creating an "official" sequel, such as "Alien Vendetta 2" is lame and not okay unless you are the original author or have gotten specific permission from that author.

See this thread for more details or arguments regarding this issue.

imphead said:

cyberdreams
realm of chaos
zpack
alien vendetta
hells bells
the rebirth
vilecore
vile flesh
the master levels 2
dsv6
1monster 2

Interesting list, although, I can't say that a sequel to "Cyberdreams" would be a good idea. It's a very creative WAD concept, one of a kind, really. A sequel would really just be more of the same (I mean, what could you really do differently?) and it would kill the uniqueness of it.

fullmetalvaran33 said:
A sequel would really just be more of the same

Personally, I fail to see what's bad about that. Doom is one of those games I want more of the same off. I would never say no to an Alien Vendetta 2 for example, as long as nothing is changed about its style: just offer new maps to play through, no gameplay changes.

I get the impression sometimes that there's a trend going on to make every new map that's created as different from the classical doom map as possible, with new weapons, textures, monsters or gameplay. That's nice, and some of those wads are an achievment for sure, but those wads are not what I personally am looking for. I would love more of the same.

Alien Vendetta 2, Hell Revealed III, The Rebirth 2... As long as it means that all they offer is new maps that are more of the same as the originals, I'd play them and love them, for that's what I'm looking for in sequels. You can only replay the original so many times without wishing there was a sequel with new maps that offered the same style of gameplay, just so you'd have somehing new and fresh to play through, that still remains familiar.

That's just my opinion, though.

HPack is the spiritual successor to ZPack, so you can rest easy on that front. Likewise I always felt that wads like Kama Sutra kind of picked up where AV left off, meaning we don't need another was titled Alien Vendetta.

imphead said:

the rebirth

You might have luck seeing that one day, no promises though :P

Keeper of Jericho said:
Personally, I fail to see what's bad about that.

I think he means in the spirit of Cyberdreams, rather than saying that of sequels in general, which was a "look what I did with DOOM" type of WAD. It's true that you can't push it any further without it either becoming repetitive or being too hacky, short of making it with an advanced engine, which may as well be a remake rather than a sequel. Alien Vendetta is just a classic and "standard" WAD, while Cyberdreams is a concept WAD.

Phobus said:

HPack is the spiritual successor to ZPack

Yes and no, since it's not for the same game. (Also, it's progressing slowly since it's not really the priority project of any member of its team.)

You guys do realize the OP is either a 11 year old kid or a troll.
Nice debates you got here though, and Vader that's great - I loved the Rebirth and would love to see what you can do with Rebirth 2 with your current mapping skills...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The Ultimate DooMer didn't say:
Use Eternity features :P

ftfy

WHISPERS OF SATAN II

Sequel to Whispers of Satan in early planning stages. Not confirmed yet. It still may never be created.

The plan is.

- 4 episodes of 5 levels each, 1 secret level per episode.
- 20 levels (MAP01-MAP20)
- 4 secret levels (MAP31-34)
- 1 super secret level (MAP35)
- Each secret level has a unique theme. Some possible examples include Star Wars, Wolf, Heretic, Chex Quest, Virtual, Cybie, etc.
- Much harder than the original WOS.
- All maps by me.
- Maps much smaller this time.
- Will try to restrict symmetry this time.
- Zdoom only .... will be in a PK3. No scripting.
- A few new enemies.
- All new music by me.

pcorf said:

- Much harder than the original WOS.

:D

pcorf said:

- Zdoom only .... will be in a PK3. No scripting.

:(

pcorf said:

- A few new enemies.

:S

----------

This thread seem suitable for asking this question: Anyone know whats up with that "HR3" / Hells Last Stand thing??

pcorf said:
- 4 secret levels (MAP31-34)
- 1 super secret level (MAP35)

21-24 and 25, maybe? Otherwise there's a needless gap of 10 levels between 20 and 31.

myk said:

21-24 and 25, maybe? Otherwise there's a needless gap of 10 levels between 20 and 31.

The plan is once you finish MAP20 you go to the readme and ending screen.

Easier to do secret maps from MAP31 and onwards. WOS2 is just an idea but unlikely to go ahead at this moment.

I think Scythe 2 should have a (finished) sequel.

From what I understand Vilecore 2 is a WIP except it started years ago and doesn't appear to be inching much further in progress. It is however, a one man effort so I could be totally wrong.

Kaiser said:

CIF4

With the recent GZDoom and Skulltag drama, the plot is sorted :P

*actually started playing CIF3 again the other night. Knocked it off after waiting 20mins (seriously) for Tormentor to get losered during that cutscene: "Please, PLEEASE, just SHOOT THE GUY...!!"

FuzzballFox said:

Mock2.

pcorf said:

WHISPERS OF SATAN II

Ok maybe these 2 could be an exception :)