Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iLLbeint

Specktrum [for prboom+]

Hey, folks. I'm illbient, and ive been a doomer since i was 6. Even though i grew up in a constant generation of game change, Doom will never top the modern gaming we have today. And playing maps made by esselfortium, dutch devil, pcorf, and John Romero have inspired me to map for ports that stick close to Doom (vanilla and boom).

Instead of making my first wad using a port with advanced features *cough* GZDOOM *cough* i started simple and went for Boom, because theres so much you can do with it. And the wad that im presenting thats in the works, is Specktrum. It is a singleplayer 6 map wad built for quick play, fun, and just for playing itself. It's levels are composed of color-based tech facilities i.e Water Processing, Acid Facility, Node Installation, and so forth. Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, and Red. Orange isnt cool enough **

Another reason i chose a simple port is to avoid getting in over my head with too many features, that will deteriorate gameplay. And here, i have screenies:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7619/etrn00.png
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7242/etrn01.png
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/894/etrn02.png

Shots were taken using Eternity. For some odd reason, I cant take shots from within GlBoom. Any help with that? And in screen 3, the texture surrounded by ADEL is transparent.

I started this mapset last week or whatever, and seeing on how progress is going, it may be finished next week or so. I'm working out texture offsets in completed maps, and the current 3rd through 5th map are on their way. I valued gameplay over quality somewhat, or balanced it. Tell me what you think!

Could you make your screenies more available for non-gmail users? Take a look how other people present their works and "copy" one approach or another. And another thing (I don't mean to sound rude for a new user who presents himself in such a modest way, but): do you have permission for using ADEL textures?

I think it would be better if you host your images from imageshack instead of Google's Gmail since some of us don't have/use gmail.

Alright ill rehost those. And im pretty sure ill give credit. I may be a new user on this board, but im not stupid. and thanks for not being rude.

Re-upped using imageshmack.

iLLbeint said:

Instead of making my first wad using a port with advanced features *cough* GZDOOM *cough* i started simple and went for Boom, because theres so much you can do with it.

Bit contradictory eh :p

Not at all. Boom DOES have a lot you can do with it. This wad looks great!

40oz said:

Not at all. Boom DOES have a lot you can do with it. This wad looks great!

I think he means that Boom is also a port with advanced features ;).

Glad you like what you see! Shot one is MAP01 and its a tad cramped, to make things a bit tough. MAP03 is Node Installation, and.. basically you're installing guarded Nodes around a space station. That room is cramped for a good battle ;)

And 40oz. UACULTRA was the bee kness. Nuff said :D

I'm gonna follow some strict lines i laid down to avoid going overboard with this idea. Any problems or suggestions? I'll have better screens when things get more done.

iLLbeint said:

That room is cramped for a good battle ;)

This sentence is just wrong. D:

And when I said that the first screen is messy, I meant visually. It's full of small detail and texturing of various types that make no sense at all when put together.

I think Eternity made a HOM in shot one. And I took a look at map01 from the rest, and that map is small. Been playing too much Claustrophobia based maps. what do you suggest that i do? I'm thinking about scrapping map 01 and making it a tad bigger like the rest. But that will take the quick play from it.