Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vorpal

Super Jamie?

His site (http://www.superjamie.net/) has been down for a while, was wondering if it'll be back. I liked his taste in favorite wads, as well as his cooking recipes (the curry... oh man!)

Also on the subject of poofed sites, Marc Pullen's (http://www2.fanaticalproductions.net) also went down around the same time. That man's music is half the reason why I still touch Doom from time to time!

Vorpal said:

http://www.superjamie.net/

On clicking that link, at the "not found" screen my provider recommends me to try another page, called super mommy :P

Krispavera said:

I believe Super Jamie has disappeared into the forgotten realms. The realms of real life.

He's disappeared from Facebook too. :(

Aw man... Real life can be such an asshole sometimes. Hopefully he isn't gone for too long.

Wonder what this means for UAC Ultra 2.

I've been keeping in touch with him lately. During the development of UAC Ultra 1, Lent was approaching and at the time I had already decided that I would give up using the internet for Lent (I made a blog post about it) and shortly before Lent's arrival we exchanged phone numbers, despite being on opposite ends of the earth.

A couple months ago I was chatting with him on IRC and he admitted to me some of the disgusts he has with doomworld as a whole. Mostly referring to the blogs section, he told me he was pretty turned off with many of the recent thread topics and responses. (at the time there were a lot of bitching and moaning about breakups) I can't remember exactly which threads he mentioned but with that evidence he told me that he's beginning to conclude that Doomworld was made up of a bunch of ill-fated, socially awkward, gaming shut-ins. (to be quite honest, I can't blame him) With the exception of a few people that I mentioned to him, he told me that he was not at all interested in becoming too close to these guys out of fear of becoming more like them and less like himself.

Last month I sent him a text message telling him about some random UAC Ultra 2 maps I made that I'd like him to try. He reported "I'd love to but my PC crashed. All my files, games, and the rest of my hard drive are gone" Really sucks. I asked him what he's been doing as of late. He responded that he's been spending a lot more time with Fran (his girlfriend), reading, keeping up with some TV series (I forget which ones) and racing, and he's been having a lot more fun lately. To which I'm glad he's happy with the things he's got going on.

A few weeks ago he ditched his facebook page and (from what I've heard, I can't verify) removed his name from the UAC Ultra Doom Wiki page. I asked him what was up with removing his facebook via texting. He responded "Yeah it was getting kinda lame, just not into it anymore you know?" I feel him though. Facebook is kinda gay. I sucked in my breath and asked him if he's at all interested in joining us back at the Doom Community. He responded "Probably not. I've got a lot of things going on these days; work, racing, My heart's just not in it anymore."

That stung. I told him I'd miss him and he's my favorite Doomer. He responded "Hey you're mine too! I'll probably swing back some day. Just kinda busy these days though."

Kinda sucks, while being a great guy he was a wonderful playtester and had lots of great ideas for Doom. His contributions to UAC Ultra really did make it as great as it is. I presumed that this kinda means he's not going to be working on UAC Ultra 2 with me. I kinda already have too much of it done to call it quits, but I wasn't interested on tackling the project alone. He said he had no qualms about me working on UAC Ultra 2 with someone else. In fact, he welcomed it.

That said I should probably mention that I'm now partnered with ArmouredBlood in the making of UAC Ultra 2.

40oz said:

I can't remember exactly which threads he mentioned but with that evidence he told me that he's beginning to conclude that Doomworld was made up of a bunch of ill-fated, socially awkward, gaming shut-ins. (to be quite honest, I can't blame him) With the exception of a few people that I mentioned to him, he told me that he was not at all interested in becoming too close to these guys out of fear of becoming more like them and less like himself.

Been there, done that, it was [ok] (leaving doomworld and ANY gaming for a time).

Thanks 40oz for all your detailed info; I thought his was on holiday, I'm definitely going to miss him.

Aw man, I didn't know about all of that. I've been in contact with him via email for the past month or so. He helped me figure out the parts I needed for my new computer build, which was beyond awesome. Not to mention he was of great help with play-testing, which I appreciate. I knew he was having computer troubles of his own but I didn't know that he was done with the Doom community in general. That really sucks to hear, but I am glad that he's got some sort of life outside of Doom. He is really passionate about the game so I doubt that he'll never completely give it up :).

Well I hope to keep in contact with him via email. I'll definitely miss his presence around here as well though.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Sounds like he made a healthy choice,

Umm, he merely got tired of Dooming and posting on forums. He wanted to do something else.

printz said:

Umm, he merely got tired of Dooming and posting on forums. He wanted to do something else.

Sounds like a good example of making a healthy choice.

40oz said:

ill-fated, socially awkward, gaming shut-ins.

Yeah, I can see how reading the blogs section could give that impression. I've certainly posted more of the shit side of my life there than the good side... which was right around that time.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Sounds like he made a healthy choice, but I will miss him as well.

Pretty much.

Krispavera said:

Sounds like a good example of making a healthy choice.

If you listen to those older people who don't even know how video games look so they think they're different kinds of drugs.

@40oz: That's a shame - the community loses yet another prominent contributor. Still, I hope he's willing to help you with the Cacoward acceptance speech ;)

On a personal note, he also seemed to be quite enthusiastic about my project and I was wondering why I hadn't heard from him since I finished it.

Nonetheless it's good to know that he's getting on with things. Hopefully we haven't heard the last from him.

I wish you and AB the best of luck with the sequel anyway. We all know it will be ace ;)

Real life, its the realty all of us Doomers face.

However I will miss SuperJamies's posting here and wish him luck with his other interests.

I still have a pretty big mancrush on him. Hope he returns some day and at least posts pics with his glorious locks.

Jesus what a freakin' baby. I can't hang out on a website cause it makes me sad, hurrr. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to punch some puppies.

40oz said:

I can't remember exactly which threads he mentioned but with that evidence he told me that he's beginning to conclude that Doomworld was made up of a bunch of ill-fated, socially awkward, gaming shut-ins.

Also untrue, but the ill-fated shut-ins are just the ones that talk the most...ironic really.

40oz said:

A couple months ago I was chatting with him on IRC and he admitted to me some of the disgusts he has with doomworld as a whole. Mostly referring to the blogs section, he told me he was pretty turned off with many of the recent thread topics and responses. (at the time there were a lot of bitching and moaning about breakups)

Which is probably the main reason why Blogs is a partially-hidden forum.

Thanks for bringing us up-to-date, I'd been wondering if Super Jamie had fallen off a cliff or just drifted away - as many do. Hopefully he'll be back some day.

40oz said:

he told me that he's beginning to conclude that Doomworld was made up of a bunch of ill-fated, socially awkward, gaming shut-ins.

LOLS
Resistence is futile.
He will be assimilated.

8[

I hope he comes back some day, or at least simply to the Doom community. He helped me a a lot with an old computer I got. But as always, life comes first.

Use3D said:

Jesus what a freakin' baby. I can't hang out on a website cause it makes me sad, hurrr. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to punch some puppies.

I'll tell him you said that. Maybe he'll come back and argue with you about it.

I can't honestly say I'm surprised. Nevertheless, I will miss him.

It's a pity, really. Skulltag's going to release a new version soon that cuts out a lot of lag, and I was hoping to see him in a UAC Ultra server sometime.

The world just got a lot less super. :(

Well, the un-real one, mind you. At least the other life of his is getting more attention. :P