Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Legacy Joystick Issue!!

Please help me with this, I feel so computer illiterate right now. I have a Logitech Wingman controller and Doom Legacy for some reason only wants to respond to one of my two analog sticks. Why can't I get the right stick to correspond to any of the controls? Legacy doesn't even notice when I touch it, but the left one works just fine. I think it would be awesome to be able to play Doom just like Halo...pleeeease help me.

Which version of Legacy ??
Joystick support got some changes lately. DoomLegacy 1.44 - alpha release may change this.

Unfortunately, I do not use the joystick, so can offer limited help.

Well hey, you're the only person offering help at all right now, so I'll take it!

It's 1.42. When I try to get later versions, I download them and I don't know what I'm looking at. Where can I download a later version for dummies like myself, that I can install as easily as I did 1.42?

http://doomlegacy.sourceforge.net/

There is an alpha for 1.44 out right now.

As far as Legacy 1.42 goes, only the X and Y axis is supported, you cannot assign other axises to anything. (And you can't change what X and Y do, for that matter.)

If you want a source port with excellent joystick support, check out ZDoom, GZDoom, or Skulltag.

They support everything with very flexible options.

The new code DoomLegacy 1.44-alpha (one month old) uses SDL for its joystick suppport (if I remember right). The old joystick code (in Legacy 1.42) is probably from the 1990's.
I do not think such old code would have ever supported any joystick use except for the 4 directions of movement and fire.

The download site has binaries, and should have the source code too (I cannot find the source package yet, so I have to bug someone).