Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Alkylation - Betatester needed !!!

I think I'll implement pistol starting on my levels. The problem I have is: doing each map possible to finish with pistol starting, the "sequential" playing (one map after the other) would be too simple?

If you're patient, you will be able to play the episode as preferred by many.

The suggestions you wrote (health at -10%, ammo -15%) are valid for which kind of playing style?

What do you think about level design, texturing, etc...?

L.

MegaDoomer said:

I hate to say this, but TBH I've really had a hard time judging the balance well because of the pistol start incapability. If you could consider making these maps doable from pistol starts, as 95%+ of public levels are, that would really be welcome not only by me but also by many others who ultimately play this wad IMO.

But to give what feedback I have, everything from Map01 still applies, and I'd say I had a bit too much ammo in much of Map02; health seemed better balanced in comparison to ammo - might be able to judge it better if I had the intended ammo balance. Guess - reduce health to about 90% of what it is currently, ammo to about 85% what it is currently (but also add a shotgun at the start to support pistol starters).

I'd appreciate if you could get back to me when possible on these thoughts; I'd like to continue playing but really feel I need these few things ironed out first. I will say I've found it enjoyable :), just not necessarily up to its full potential, and I feel just some minor balancing adjustments can really change that.

Lorenzo said:

I think I'll implement pistol starting on my levels. The problem I have is: doing each map possible to finish with pistol starting, the "sequential" playing (one map after the other) would be too simple?

If you're patient, you will be able to play the episode as preferred by many.

The suggestions you wrote (health at -10%, ammo -15%) are valid for which kind of playing style?

What do you think about level design, texturing, etc...?

L.

Design/texturing is good. :) My health and ammo suggestions are an average so far and they're for solo play.

Very few people nowadays play maps sequentially without starting from scratch, and in 95% of other wads the balance may mess up if such play is done, so I really must reemphasize here that I would not worry in the slightest about switching to pistol start playability & I think it would make the beta testing job smoother for me. :)

MegaDoomer said:

Design/texturing is good. :) My health and ammo suggestions are an average so far and they're for solo play.

Very few people nowadays play maps sequentially without starting from scratch, and in 95% of other wads the balance may mess up if such play is done, so I really must reemphasize here that I would not worry in the slightest about switching to pistol start playability & I think it would make the beta testing job smoother for me. :)

Ok, i'll add pistol starting.

Just be patient ;-)

Thank you for your suggestions!!!

Pistol starting may make things easier from map to map, but that's not always the case. For the longest time, I couldn't get passed E3M2 because my ammo and health was so low (Ultra-Violence).

They're beautiful!!!

I still have to work on the levels in order to make them compatible with pistol starting...

L.

Thanks...I'm also sorry for not being more expediant with a reply. I've got lots of other projects I'm testing now too, but I'll try to be sure to fit this is as I get the chance. :)

This WAD reminds me the first episode of Perdition's Gate. Am I okay?

Seriously, I don't know why... when I see the pictures, I feel it's similar to Perdition's Gate, especially MAP01.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

If you're still looking for a tester, I can take a look at it. I won't be able to play until tomorrow though.

Yes! For me it's ok, thank you!!!