Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemilinX

a long shot but... can you change the scale of a level in DB2?

I am making a level in Doom Builder 2 based on a sketch I made and being unfamiliar with the scale of Doom WAD units, I made a detailed section too big. It's about twice as long and wide as I need it to be. Is there a way I can select all of the sectors and scale every linedef in half while maintaining their relation to each other?

I'd rather not have to rebuild the section as quite a bit of time has been put into getting the odd angles and details exact. I don't care to change sector heights any - they're fine - just the length of the linedefs..

Hmm..

MAYBE you can select the whole map in lindef and then thing mode, then deselect the lindefs in the sector you want to shrink. Then just drag the nearest lindefs so the sector you want to change gets in your prefered size.

I don't know if it'll work. Just undo if it screws up anything.

Or maybe I don't understand your question. Post a picture!

Select all the sectors and press e. You can change the size of everything by dragging the corners of the box. This works best if you pick 2 vertices, one on the right/left and one on the bottom/top, depending on how you'll drag the corner. Figure out exactly where these vertices will be so that you halve the lines in half, or else you're going to get a lot of weird linedef lengths. Then you can fix up lines as needed. There might be a plugin to automatically scale selections, but I don't check the DB2 forums.

P.S. If you want to take a piece of detail out of a room to resize it, try to get it within a single sector, then delete that sector and pull all the detail out of the map so you can resize it without it going over other parts of the map.

When you're in the Edit Selection mode that ArmouredBlood mentions, for more precise numeric transformations, click the Edit Selection tab on the right side of the DB2 window to open that up. In there, you can easily rescale by 50% or whatever you need.

esselfortium said:

When you're in the Edit Selection mode that ArmouredBlood mentions, for more precise numeric transformations, click the Edit Selection tab on the right side of the DB2 window to open that up. In there, you can easily rescale by 50% or whatever you need.

Praise John Romero's impaled head on a stick! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you for all of the replies and input, everyone.

It would be really nice if this optionally affected z-values (i.e. height) as well as x and y.

DemilinX said:

Praise John Romero's impaled head on a stick! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you for all of the replies and input, everyone.

Indeed, and thank you for asking the question in the first place. Lots of us didn't know you could do that and it sounds rather handy.

jute said:

It would be really nice if this optionally affected z-values (i.e. height) as well as x and y.

You can highlight all the sectors in sector mode and hold shift and then scroll to change all floor heights, and caps lock and scroll to change ceiling height. This way you can maintain the height ratios of the whole section