Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Duke Nukem the Action Figure?

Oh, and check out the stuff on the cards back. Pigcop action figures? Was like, a whole line planned?

EDIT: Looked some more. Theres a bunch of figures, Pig COps and all. Now I really want to get one :P

Yeah, I remember seeing those at EB many-a-year ago. That's actually a pretty fair price. These came out a few years after Duke Nukem 3D. If I remember correctly they came out the same time the Quake II figures, by the same company, came out.

I believe there was a regular Duke Nukem, a SWAT themed Duke, Pig Cop, Battle Lord and Octobrain that rotted themselves out of existence.

Like the Doom miniature and Quake figures, these figures didn't sell too well.

Yeah, I remember them selling these at EB and Software Etc. back in the day. Duke Nukem and Octobrain action figures, at least.

If you have the PC game manual you can actually see the advertisement for the action figure. now I don't remember if it was on the normal, atomic version or any of the addons.

I have a duke and battlelord (ep1 boss) figure:

I've had them for about 6 years or so. Got them off ebay during my "find some interesting shit on ebay cuz I have money to burn" phase. I didn't intend for them to remain unopened, but they remain so to this day.

There was also a couple variations of Duke. I managed to get the normal Duke and Pig Cop a while back. Also if I'm not mistaken the same company that made them also did the Quake 2 figures. The Quake 2 figures are worth looking into also.

Now we need a Duke Nukem vs Doom comic. And a "rip and tear" Doom Marine action figure.

Mancubus II said:

Got them off ebay during my "find some interesting shit on ebay cuz I have money to burn" phase.

Next time I have one of those moments I'm going to try to get the rest of the series. But, they do go for 20 to 40 bucks on ebay these days. Also here is a info page on the figures from the 3D Realms site: http://www.3drealms.com/actionfigures/index.html

Heres a pic of one the Quake 2 figures. Also made by the same company

I think I still have the Tank figure some where. From what I remember they all had battle damage such as bullet holes scratches and cuts.

Quake guys rocket launcher looks like the Doom 3 weapon, and also look at the text used to spell the Battlelords name...

Anyways, I would love to get a pigcop at some point, preferably an opened one so I can play with ti or whatever. Pose it on my shelf for looks, sticking it next to my JP collection.

I had a duke nukem action figure once. We kicked many asses and chewed a great deal of bubblegum in our day, even in the absence of bubblegum... and then I accidentally threw him on the roof of my house one day and never saw him again.

I saw them all at Zellers around the time DN3D was released on the N64. One of my biggest childhood regrets was not buying them before they ran out of stock.

AgentSpork said:

and then I accidentally threw him on the roof of my house one day and never saw him again.

I demand an explanation. First of all, how? Why would you throw your Duke Nukem figurine on the roof? Secondly, why wouldn't you ask someone to get it for you?

hervoheebo said:

Why would you throw your Duke Nukem figurine on the roof?

You never parachuted toy soldiers, have you?

Maes said:

You never parachuted toy soldiers, have you?

I think it would make more sense dropping the paratrooper down.. instead of throwing it up.

Coopersville said:

I saw them all at Zellers around the time DN3D was released on the N64. One of my biggest childhood regrets was not buying them before they ran out of stock.

You can still get them for a decent price, say $20... off ebay.

hervoheebo said:

I think it would make more sense dropping the paratrooper down.. instead of throwing it up.

The higher you are, the further you fall.

While Duke can go get stuffed, I would definitely not say no to the Q2 figures. <3 Q2.

Plus, you get two creatures for each figure with the Q2 ones.

The Male marine you get a barracuda shark, the female a Strogg parasite, with the Iron maiden you get a Tecnichian iirc. Though I think the Tank is alone, he's awesome enough for two.

kristus said:

Though I think the Tank is alone, he's awesome enough for two.

Yes you only get the Tank figure. But, its pretty much due to the figures over all size and weight. The figure is about nine inches tall and at least a 1lb. Its also got a bunch of small gimmicks built in.

hervoheebo said:

I demand an explanation. First of all, how? Why would you throw your Duke Nukem figurine on the roof? Secondly, why wouldn't you ask someone to get it for you?

It's called being a kid. I was probably pretending he had a jetpack or something on and threw him up into the air. I guess that's the power of imagination for ya. As for why I didn't ask someone to get it down, well.. my parents didn't love me very much. :'(

hervoheebo said:

Maybe it's a rocketeer/paratrooper combo Duke. Action Man? Pfffft.