Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

Now Theres Nothing More Fucked Up I Could Do

Back on topic a bit, for magnets d'you think I could use an old 40MB HD from an Amstrad? or a 500MB from my ancient PC?

Dunno, break them apart and see.

They're pretty useless drives anyhow.

Sweet! Our school has some old Macs that they are getting rid of! I asked if I could take some parts and they said sure ^_^

Yeah, this is why so many people hate Macs, they only know those school Macs. Since Macs are impressive sturdy and well made (and this is an evil feature here), they can last for 10 years or more in continiously service and so they may stay in schools for a very long time before they are replaced with those asskicking new machines.

You know, Pete, You have an excellent point. School Macs totally suck, but that's because they're so damn old, I guess (shufflepuck, anyone?). My graphics class has some pretty good power Macs. I saw no real flaws in them at all. So I think I'll change my position. Macs don't suck. OLD Macs suck.

lol
hell nah , want to rip off blockbuster??
get a magnet, but i mean a really strong magnet, and walk down the isles of the new relises in blockbuster. vhs, not dvd, then when people try to watch the movie, i will be blank.
i effectivly made 2 blockbusters close down after 1 week of walking buy all the isles.

Sweet! Our school has some old Macs that they are getting rid of! I asked if I could take some parts and they said sure ^_^

Damn you! The computer teacher at our school claims he isn't legaly allowed to give us old computer parts until he throws them away, so if we want any, we have to go dumpster diving, and also get them quickly before the truck comes. Lame-o.

You know, Pete, You have an excellent point. School Macs totally suck, but that's because they're so damn old, I guess (shufflepuck, anyone?). My graphics class has some pretty good power Macs. I saw no real flaws in them at all. So I think I'll change my position. Macs don't suck. OLD Macs suck.

Umm, well... I have an also some older Macs here, for example the famous "Quadra 840av", from 1993. That machine ($7.000 when new - got it used for $20, imagine that!) came with a superfast highspeed SCSI bus and digital signal processors for video-in/out. Out of question the best pre-power Mac Apple ever made. That machine, with the right OS version (I would recommend OS7.6), can still perform very nicely :) If you compare that machine with a PC from the year 1993 with Windows 3.1 - uuuh. Sure that you cannot run Quake3 on such a machine, but you also cannot do this on any 486. The problem is that teachers usually are low on knowledge and motivation. The try to save their ass from break to break and they don´t know some essentials that are so important. For example, you can slow down every Mac at up to 30% when the option "calculating folder size" is enabled, either in a control panel or when on desktop from the pulldown-menu „edit/preferences“ (in newer system versions). You can easily notice it by the continuously hard drive action that cause a disturbing „soundscape“. Teachers do not know that. Most teachers don´t, maybe there are some exceptions... All computers suck ass under the control and maintenance of dumbasses :)

But to come back to the subject, I have heard that also microwave ovens can be converted into weapons when they become disasembled and their parts are arranged in a different order...
Hey, don´t do this at home :)

lol
hell nah , want to rip off blockbuster??
get a magnet, but i mean a really strong magnet, and walk down the isles of the new relises in blockbuster. vhs, not dvd, then when people try to watch the movie, i will be blank.
i effectivly made 2 blockbusters close down after 1 week of walking buy all the isles.

I think that makes the techinal term for you 'arsetard', though I'd have to look it up to be sure...

Damn you! The computer teacher at our school claims he isn't legaly allowed to give us old computer parts until he throws them away, so if we want any, we have to go dumpster diving, and also get them quickly before the truck comes. Lame-o.

Feh. we had to buy the crappy old parts & software from our school. Of course, I did get a copy of Borland C++ for eight bucks... (that's 15 floppies, folx)

It's got something to do with the screwdriver diverting electrons away from the CRT (the monitors electron gun). My chemistry teacher demonstrated this to us on a school TV with a big magnet.

The dark spot on the monitor is the result of this or of having two electron guns firing relatively close to each other. And I think the screwdriver HAD to have been magnetic in some way...

There's an open-source clone of Borland C++ IDE :)

Oh, cool! Why don't you find the URL and e-mail it to five years ago when I might have cared.

Bah, as soon as I decide to look at this post, the techno-jargon shows up.

Bah, as soon as I decide to look at this post, the techno-jargon shows up.

Don't you hate when that happens?

Yeah, this is why so many people hate Macs, they only know those school Macs. Since Macs are impressive sturdy and well made

He's right, you know. A friend of mine has an iMac and they arent as flimsy as they look :P