Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Katamori 1024 (Boom-compatible megaWAD)

EDIT 09.05.2011: /newstuff review about Episode 1 is online! http://www.doomworld.com/php/topstory.php?id=3323
EDIT 07.02.2011: /idgames download link to the Episode 1 is available!http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16361

Hy everyone, I'm Katamori this is the main thread of my WAD, Katamori 1024.

In this WAD I make maps with 1024x1024 playable area, like the maps of Congestion 1024, and Claustrophobia 1024/1024 2.

The first map was made in the last days of August 2010, and although I took a lot of break, I was able to finish several maps. I wanted to continue work until this project becomes a megaWAD, with 32 brand new levels. Sadly, I couldn't do it but I could relase 15 maps overall.

MAP01: Vehicle Fight
MAP02: Office Invasion
MAP03: UAC Industries
MAP04: No Parking
MAP05: Chemical Refinery
MAP06: Sewers
MAP07: Simple Experiment
MAP08: Logistic Base Alpha
MAP09: Atmosphere Complex
MAP10: Goin’ down the Fast way
MAP11: Escape from the Outpost
"THE LOST ERA" MAPS
MAP12: Disaster Area
MAP13: Evacuate Zone
MAP14: The Ancient Base
MAP15: Hell's Military
UNFINISHED MAPS
MAP16: Twilight in the Industry
MAP17: Abandoned Warehouse
MAP18: Siege Zone
MAP19: The Metal Fortress
MAP20: Ground Zero
MAP21: Dark Side
MAP22: The Abyss
MAP23: Into the Beast
MAP24: River of Blood
MAP25: Shipping in the Underworld
MAP26: Undead Grounds
MAP27: Netherworld Temple
MAP28: Gate of the Darkness
MAP29: Infernal Tower
MAP30: Doomsday Dawn
MAP31: Operation Wolfenstein
MAP32: Earth Anomaly

I used soundtracks from Doom1, Doom2, Final Doom Evilution, Heretic, Rise of the Triad and one from Wolfenstein 3D; also I use real bands' soundtracks in MIDI format: Limp Bizkit, Metallica and Nightwish.

Pictures (click to enlarge):

Jodwin said:

Why did you have to make a new thread for this?

Because I didn't give new comments for the previous thread... I think, it was old, this is the reason

and I can write the newest information well in a new thread

This is a pretty nice looking project, your texturing seems to be alright, I`m looking forward to seeing this complete.

Brisco said:

This is a pretty nice looking project, your texturing seems to be alright, I`m looking forward to seeing this complete.

And it's even faster with doing a WAD with huge levels.

It appears to be a file naming issue - probably caused by one of the accented characters - that's preventing me from playing or renaming the wad.

@Katamori - try re-uploading the wad with a shorter name, maybe K1024.wad.

And replace those 900x600 TITLEPIC and INTERPIC graphics with standard Doom size images and correct a tag 0 issue on Map02 (line 814), then you'll have a vanilla compatible wad.

Vermil said:

And replace those 900x600 TITLEPIC and INTERPIC graphics with standard Doom size images

He already made it clear in the first thread that he was no intention of doing that. *rolls eyes*

Look, if you really don't want to replace it, here's what you could do:

1. Create HI_START and HI_END markers in your .wad file.
2. Move the TITLEPIC and INTERPIC lumps between these markers.
3. Put scaled-down, Doom-format versions of them right after the HI_END marker.

This way, it'll look as you want in ZDoom, etc. but it'll still be playable on other ports. Really, a hi-res, non-paletted TITLEPIC is the weakest reason ever devised to make a mod ZDoom-only.

Gez: done :) and I saw the WAD on PrBoom+... well, I found many bugs, so... you play my WAD with source ports, when I finished, but don't recommended wih PrBoom

This just looks so classic it is not funny. Yeah it looks a little cramped and some of the texture choices are not what I would have done, but these things almost add to the effect rather than detract. I like the overall look.

Nice. :)

Kyka said:

This just looks so classic it is not funny. Yeah it looks a little cramped and some of the texture choices are not what I would have done, but these things almost add to the effect rather than detract. I like the overall look.

Nice. :)

Thank you :) texture choosing...well, I want to make something custom...something custom, which other people should do different, than me :)

Kyka, what do you mean by saying "it's not funny"? I don't really understand.

Cell said:

Kyka, what do you mean by saying "it's not funny"?

Just a figure of speech, nothing serious ;)

Yeah. Like Printz said. If something is "So good it is not funny" It pretty much means really. So just saying this mapset had a really classic look to it, which I liked.

Kyka said:

[...] this mapset had a really classic look to it, which I liked.

Well, classic style is the most easy, I think. And I won't change the Doom community with my WAD, so... I chose something simple mapset :)

Pedro VC said:

Looking good.

Thank you

I agree. Classic is easy, though it needs some aesthetics fixes, but never mind - in the middle nineties, visuals weren't as important as gameplays.

Concept changes:

MAP16: Beyond the Storm renamed as MAP16: Twilight in the Industry
MAP21: Infernal Wormhole renamed as MAP21: Dark Side
MAP27: Wrecked Between Dimension renamed as MAP27: Hellstone Temple

Vaporizer said:

Looks good, but also very cramped.

It has to do with something like underground or very-inside.