Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grymmoire

DooM Fusion Mapping - Scrapped

Well this thread has been sitting around for a long while, and managed to get bumped down quite a ways.

I'm too busy on other maps and projects to get this done anytime soon, and normally I'd wait and do it someday in the future except it doesn't seem that it interests anyone either. (See first line)

So I'll be uploading the current maps (that is, 2) to /idgames and that'll be that.

Just thought I'd bump this to let the people who may have started a map for this to just drop it. If it didn't get done by now since this was announced it probably wasn't gonna get done anyway

With this out of my worries I'll just focus more on Hacx 2.0

That's disappointing. Well, you could at least see if anyone else who was working on a map could finish it/ has finished and give it to you so the wad could maybe have a few more levels in it, because I love the concept, and it doesn't have to be a full-fledged megawad to release it.

EDIT: Another alternative, you could hand the project over to someone else to lead it since your busy with other things and all? I just don't want to see this awesome idea die.

Purely depends on if someone capable actually wanted to work on it.

I already know who was working on a map for this and their maps didn't get very far, as far as I know.

Pretty much everyone who would be pretty capable is busy with other projects, if someone really wanted to lead this, they would have to come to me, because I don't know anyone who isn't busy with other stuff.

I wasn't really planning on a huge megawad, at least 6 maps. Either most mappers were too busy with other projects or were just not interested. I don't know. (I would have done some more maps myself, and had one in progress, but I became too busy to finish it)

Even though I plan on finishing this off now, I can't until I get a fixed link from CodeRed about his E3M2_MAP08 fusion, seeing as I don't have it anymore and I can't upload what's done if I don't have everything.

Chances are I won't get anything back from him for at least a day or two so that leaves enough time for someone to step up if they *really* wanted to. Though I'd say good luck getting any maps :P