Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omegamer

interested?

Hey,

I would just ask if someone is interested in a doom pwad plays in a fantasy world with heretic and heretic sprites, and all new textures, m usic and sounds?

Yeah why not aslong as it has normal fun doom type gameplay. I've always kind of like the heretic type graphics aswell so sounds interesting.

Vermil said:

Why not make it for Heretic?

Because the target is to make Doom look and play like heretic and dont just make a normal wad for heretic.

Vermil said:

Why not make it for Heretic?

omegamer said:

Because the target is to make Doom look and play like heretic and dont just make a normal wad for heretic.

That's what Heretic is. Congratulations. You're done.

kristus said:

That's what Heretic is. Congratulations. You're done.

I know, but I want to make it kinda different.

Heretic pwads are pretty rare around here. Making one instead of a doom pwad would be different.

40oz said:

Heretic pwads are pretty rare around here. Making one instead of a doom pwad would be different.

Yes, but there arent much Heretic or Hexen like pwads out there.
Just a few.

Making a "Heretic TC" for Doom is as pointless as making a "Doom TC" for Heretic.

omegamer said:

Yes, but there arent much Heretic or Hexen like pwads out there.
Just a few.

So let's make some Hexen and Heretic maps. Why do we need to convert anything?

Glass Rook said:

So let's make some Hexen and Heretic maps. Why do we need to convert anything?

Because I want to do somethin different.

omegamer said:

Because I want to do somethin different.

Different from Doom/Heretic isn't always fun. See: modern FPSes.

But good luck. I hope you know what you're doing.

Gez said:

Making a "Heretic TC" for Doom is as pointless as making a "Doom TC" for Heretic.

Not if the intention is to make the marine against demons make a fight in the Heretic texture world. I guess he wants to make the marine player a traveler into a medieval fantasy world, also invaded by demons, so to speak...

printz said:

Not if the intention is to make the marine against demons make a fight in the Heretic texture world. I guess he wants to make the marine player a traveler into a medieval fantasy world, also invaded by demons, so to speak...

No,no you arent playing a marine just a normal witcher.
But I really try to make it a bit different from heretic.

omegamer said:

No,no you arent playing a marine just a normal witcher.
But I really try to make it a bit different from heretic.

How will it be different? Maybe we're rejecting the idea because we can't read your mind...

So...

You're not playing a Doom marine...
You're not fighting Doom enemies...
You're not in levels built with Doom textures and items...

But it has to be in Doom anyway? Admit it: "be different" is just a codename for "get a flimsy pretext to rip everything out of the Heretic IWAD".

You can perfectly make something "different" for Heretic by using Heretic. No need to go to Doom for that.

Glass Rook said:

How will it be different? Maybe we're rejecting the idea because we can't read your mind...

As example the gauntlets of heretic.
They usually replace the chainsaw from doom (Am I right?)
but they will be the plasma gun in my wad that means the shoot magical projectiles.
The game will also use a dehacked patch and a decorate-lump for the new monsters.

DECORATE, heh? Did you know that you can play the Heretic IWAD in ZDoom? It's true! You can!

Gez said:

DECORATE, heh? Did you know that you can play the Heretic IWAD in ZDoom? It's true! You can!

Yeah, but there also new monsters you dont know like the Imp Knight.

Did you know that, not only you can play Heretic with ZDoom, but in addition you can use custom actors with Heretic! DECORATE and co. are not disabled when playing another game than Doom! I know, I know, it's astonishing and weird and strange, but it's true!

dontbotherwithmyname said:

two.wgrealms.com
I know ... is not doom, but its like your idea

Yeah thats what I meant.
But I dont just use sprites and textures from heretic and hexen.
I also use textures of TES:Daggerfall at this time too.

How comes that every now and then, when a new 'cool' project gets announced that doesn't even exist, I read your name? And a few days later some screenshots get posted and you announce like 'omg this is the coolest project ever and like now I'm gonna make it a megawad' and some days later..... whooop... gone ;)

BlueEagle said:

How comes that every now and then, when a new 'cool' project gets announced that doesn't even exist, I read your name? And a few days later some screenshots get posted and you announce like 'omg this is the coolest project ever and like now I'm gonna make it a megawad' and some days later..... whooop... gone ;)

If you mean Moon.wad I´m still working on it I just make a short creativity break.
Thats all