Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abyssalstudios1

Why "Titanic" truly sank

The officer at the wheel turned it the wrong damn way.

The article states:

'Titanic was launched at a time when the world was moving from sailing ships to steam ships. My grandfather, like the other senior officers on Titanic, had started out on sailing ships. And on sailing ships, they steered by what is known as “Tiller Orders” which means that if you want to go one way, you push the tiller the other way. [So if you want to go left, you push right.]

James Cameron was wrong.

Still skeptical about this, considering that the woman who stated this fact just so happened to make this announcement at the same time she released her new book.

Kirby said:

Still skeptical about this, considering that the woman who stated this fact just so happened to make this announcement at the same time she released her new book.

Ditto.

she claims he got sucked down and then propelled back up by an explosion? Didn't mythbusters bust that myth about getting sucked down by sinking ships?

kristus said:

she claims he got sucked down and then propelled back up by an explosion? Didn't mythbusters bust that myth about getting sucked down by sinking ships?

I was never happy with that test.

It was clearly a controlled sinking with demolition charges hidden inside at the time of her construction. Sunk by an iceberg? Yeah right. Have you ever put some ice cubes next to some steel and just left them sitting there doing nothing at room temperature? Yeah exactly...

I'm sure this is yet another conspiracy by the ZOG JewAlbanianTurkAmericanFreeasonSubhumanMongols.

It doesn't really invalidate the previous explanations; it just adds to the list of bad shit that doomed those people. Last I checked we're now up to: iceberg, confused rudder orders, continuing to sail with a hole in the ship, bad rivets, insufficient number of lifeboats, and water-tight compartments that weren't.

Doomed ship was doomed. It stands for the foreseeable future as one of the best examples of how big projects can get fucked up again and again.

deathbringer said:

It was clearly a controlled sinking with demolition charges hidden inside at the time of her construction. Sunk by an iceberg? Yeah right. Have you ever put some ice cubes next to some steel and just left them sitting there doing nothing at room temperature? Yeah exactly...

Icebergs did 9/11.

The picture in the article convinced me that this is truely a true story. I really want to believe what this casually posing woman is telling me.

My personal opinion is that if the wheel was turned the wrong way, then that may be all that´s needed to seriously insinuate that a woman steered the ship at the time of the crash.

Aliotroph? said:

we're now up to: iceberg, confused rudder orders, continuing to sail with a hole in the ship, bad rivets, insufficient number of lifeboats, and water-tight compartments that weren't.

Don't forget time traveling Japenese Submarines according to the tabloids who brought us Bat-Boy and Boy-Bat

What a load of bullshit! She's dragging her grandfather's name into the gutter in order to promote a novel.

It would have changed nothing had her grandfather told the truth. The fleets of the world would have continued changing the way they did, the business idiots running the company would still be running *a* company, etc. If anything he let the poor rudder guy off the hook.

The real bastard here is the captain if the bit about the company guy ordering him to sail is true. Either he wasn't so good at his job as everybody thought or he was dumb/coward enough to follow the order.

Of course, this woman could just be a loser who promotes fiction Dan Brown style and needs her head smashed in.

deathbringer said:

Bush sank the Titanic.

oh look its soon 2012 from 1912 it has gone 100 years and ...

uh, whatever since 99,9% of the 2012 theories are upper nonsense.

you better dont get drunk if you're gonna drive close to ice bergs, or any simmilar shit.

Ichor said:

Bush sank the Titanic.

Perhaps.

But if that is true, then I fail to see the connection between sinking the Titanic and controlling the global supply of Oil. :P

kristus said:

They did. In another episode about shooting fish in a barrel, the Mythbusters concluded that pressure waves were the primary killer - so grandpa surviving an underwater explosion is little short of a miracle.

Kyka said:

Perhaps.

But if that is true, then I fail to see the connection between sinking the Titanic and controlling the global supply of Oil. :P

That's because about 95% of the world's oil comes from the icebergs, and the captain discovered the conspiracy between Bush, the crab people, and the Legion of Doom, so Bush sent a couple of spycrabs to sink the ship. Why do you think Bush, Rove, and Cheney want to cause global warming and melt them all?

Technician said:

I was never happy with that test.

I didn't see it. But the physics seem kinda obvious. The suction that is caused by the water rushing in, is equalized by the air pushing out. Every action has a reaction.

someone mentioned:
Mythbusters and their "sucked down by a ship" - plausible or not

The mythderps conducted the experiment wrong ( duh! ). They sunk a ship full to the brim with water. A sinking ship only create significant suction when it is displacing enough water, so if a ship is full of water, it is really not displacing that much water.

The Titanic was HUGE and must have displaced millions of gallons of water and of course it created suction. Whether the scenario she discribes is plausible, i seriously doubt. I mean try and study her for a moment, not just look, study God damnit, shes promoting herself and who in their right mind would give a flying fcuk if she was telling the same old - same old.

Shes Satan i tell you!

Ichor said:

That's because about 95% of the world's oil comes from the icebergs, and the captain discovered the conspiracy between Bush, the crab people, and the Legion of Doom, so Bush sent a couple of spycrabs to sink the ship. Why do you think Bush, Rove, and Cheney want to cause global warming and melt them all?

This explanation makes more sense than all the official stories as to why we are fighting the War on Terror.

AMIRITE?

bush himself never made anymore sense than this

and then he wanted to conquer the earth after he conquered titanic.

Really fashionable.

Even if no one cares it doenst matter how many of these we throw in a barrel filled with spikes and roll it down a mountain, still get all this spiked gore which me tribute to the people by saying:

Enough Of Sphaggetti,
Have Some Meat Balls.

still making no sense and thats the very art of it