Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Quake Night: Your pit stop for sleepless nights! (Game Night Dec. 22nd!)

December 22nd Game:
We'll start around 7:30PM GMT-5. Show up on IRC around an hour early to wait for players.

#quakenight on irc.oftc.net
http://www.quakenight.spork-chan.net

WHAT: Quake Night is the name of a set of servers that host Quake games once a week.

WHY: Multiplayer in the original Quake games is very fun. It can sometimes be difficult to find games that are populated, so having the ability to say "Hey, lets go play!" to someone online is convenient.

WHERE: The servers are hosted on my PC. The server address of this machine is 65dot25dot73dot196. The port will always be 26000.

Cool :)

Downloading Dark Places to give this server a swirl.

edit: too bad no one is on it for the moment :(

edit2: heh nm :D

I really wanted to join in the other Quake Night sessions but I would always be busy with something else. Glad I had a chance to jump in tonight. It was a blast and I hope to join in other sessions in the future :)

I've always been interested in this. I'll remind myself to pull Quake off my corrupted hard drive before installing the new one and I'll drop in sometime in the near future. Quake coop always = fun times

darkreaver said:

So whats Quake Night?

Quake Night is basically a home server that hosts Quake games 24/7. Once a week a special 'Night' is held, which is when most of the players gather.

D_GARG said:

hmmm .... quake1 I supose?

Quake I, II and maybe III.

darkreaver said:

1: where is it located? Europe or US or?

2: Co-op, DM, both?

1: Server is located in the United States. Pennsylvania to be precise.

2: Both.

Please tell me this is being hosted for Quake 2 as well.
Cause I dont want to have to download a really laggy OpenGL source port just to get Quake 1 online.

Super Flip said:

Please tell me this is being hosted for Quake 2 as well.
Cause I dont want to have to download a really laggy OpenGL source port just to get Quake 1 online.

Whoo said:

Quake I, II and maybe III.

Okay, I've got an idea concerning the website. Since I do have the option of getting a MySQL database, would you all think that having a forum would be beneficial (y/n)?

Bucket said:

I think announcements on the homepage and the IRC do well enough.

Yeah, personally if it were up to me I'd say it'd be best to keep the site simple and just make announcements on the site. At most I'd say you could set up wordpress or something for the site, but I don't really think anything more is necessary. A full-fledged forum probably wouldn't have a whole lot of activity.

Whoo said:

Okay, I've got an idea concerning the website. Since I do have the option of getting a MySQL database, would you all think that having a forum would be beneficial (y/n)?

Announcements and maybe IRC or an RSS feed fit the bill, I don't see too many people coming in from other forums anyway.

What Q1 ports are folks usually using for this?

Mainly we used Darkplaces and R1Q2. Personally, I'd like to use a Q1 port with less eye-candy and better netcode.

EDIT: Perhaps we should put a list of preferred ports on the website for every game we play.

Flesh420 said:

Every time i go into the IRC channel no one is in there.

There probably won't be many people in there until the first game night starts.

The first game is set for tomorrow! To spice things up, the server will be playing Team Fortress using Dark Places. It will be up and running around 12:00PM GMT-5. I will be gone all day at a film festival, so you can all jump in at any time.

Everything you need to join can be found on the website.