Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

advice about me

::reads in disgust::

I say fuck both of them. Don't go crawling back like scum to your old gf, just go out of the house and find the hottest chick you can. If you're not happy with the relationship don't wait till it get's too serious, just dump her as soon as you can and keep looking for someone else, someone that's perfect for you. It seems like your old gf wasn't enough to cut it.

::still disgusted::

Way to give good advice, Orion. So where exactly do YOU stand in terms of relationships?

He's a pimp.

hell yeah, you don't need to worry about me.

and where do you, prime, stand?

and where do you, prime, stand?

Well, Orion, right now I'm hooked up with an awesome girl I've known for about 3 years. We almost broke up recently because I became too interested in a few girls here at college - so interested, in fact, that I was willing to give up my good relationship so I could just mess around with the others. After thinking about how much of an ass I would've been to do that, I decided to stay with my g/f. I'm glad I did.

And, no, I wouldn't try just running around hunting for a g/f if i didn't have one. I'm more of a 'flirter' type by nature, anyway...

Pritch...::sighs::

Well, here's my bit of advice, assuming that you're still interested in your previous girlfriend:

Don't beat yourself up over what you've done, just make your apologies. Everyone does exactly what you did at some point in their lives, and not just guys, either. I can relate, trust me. @_@ And if your ex-girlfriend is halfway intelligent, she'll realize it too - you made a mistake, and you're sorry, just like Prime said.

Now, concerning the other method...

I personally took Orion's approach in highschool, and, well...it's a lot of fun, but you don't get much accomplished that way, and it's very unfulfilling. Suit yourself, though.

And then, as for the rest of you pitiful souls who intend to go through life alone...

It saddens me to see you people so...well, alone. I was like that once (though, granted, for different reasons) - I though that certainly noone could love me because I was such a freak and so I kept to myself; I had intended to stay alone. But, eventually, someone DID come looking for me, and brought me out of my shell, and then, I realized that being alone is the most miserable experience there is. (Of course, after that I was a complete ho until I realized that sex != relationship) Just the very thought that you can go to someone and know that they'll give you affection and love, even if it doesn't necessarily involve intimacy, is a very comforting little bit of knowledge.

And then, individual responses:

Zaldron, don't be afraid of hitting on people. Even if you're with someone, there's nothing wrong with flirting, as long as it doesn't develop into something more. I flirt with my boyfriend's dad all the time, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna go run off with him - christ, the guy's like 54! (not that that's old, and he's certainly very attractive, but I'm just not interested in someone that much older than me.)

dsm, you're right - it's hard to get back to being alone again after having been with someone with awhile; very hard. Some people never do. Doesn't mean you can't, though - if you have a lot of friends, it makes life easier. I, for some reason, get the idea that Pritch doesn't have just oodles of really good real-life friends, which probably doesn't help.

And getting into a relationship can be (and should be) completely painless. Where'd you get the idea that it's embarassing? It CAN be embarassing, if you're not very self-confident (again, something I should know about), but really, if the other person is interested at all, then it should be a seamless process.

dark-tenshi - Yeah, that's good advice, until loneliness sets in. ^_^ But spending time with friends can forestall that considerably.

Archvile64 - You must've been in a bad relationship at some point. I hear a lot of people, guys mostly, talk about how they hate the "strings" attached to a relationship, how they feel 'tied down', or 'restricted'. The reason this happens is because, in a lot of (especially teen and young adult) relationships, the participants (especially girls) feel at once very insecure about themselves and verymuch in love/lust with their significant other. So, they feel that they should spend every waking moment with their girlfriend/boyfriend, and conversely, feel that their SO should feel the same way. THIS IS WRONG. In a healthy relationship, the participants shouldn't feel obligated in any way. The relationship should be perfectly natural -relaxed, so to speak. If you go around expecting your SO to spend every moment of his or her free time with you, or to accomodate YOUR free time, the relationship is destined to fail. In fact, expectations in relationships are largely too high, in my experience. My relationship right now is a very low-expectation one; we don't really request or expect anything of each other. Some, who are so wound up in thinking that a relationship is when you do things for someone else (many highschoolers feel this way, it seems), might ask how it is a relationship, then - we just love each other; we spend time together, occasionally, and he does his thing, I do my thing, and then every once in awhile we have sex.

I wouldn't expect any of y'all to understand this, but, well, it just feels nice to have someone to run to when things go bad. Someone who cares. Someone who understands.

Or, maybe, the rest of you get this from your parents. @_@ I certainly never did.

Heh, I'm tempted to make my own "personal" post if this keeps up.

Or, maybe, the rest of you get this from your parents. @_@

ROFL

Heh...

um.......

;(

i've only ever had one g/f... and it was over the internet and phone... and as perthetic as that may sound, i was still deverstated when she ran off with another man. and i will freely admit that that has completly fucked me up. I'd gotten used to the fact that i'm problby be alone until for most of my life. then she appered and showed me how good it was to have a g/f, and when i finlly got used to the idea, she left me. I now I realise how much it truly sucks to be alone. I hate to say it but: Ingnorance is bliss.

pritch: Poor lad. i wouldn't have taken the risk, but what do i know?

Fredrik: always been my philosophy :)

prime: damn people with...lives!!

lüt: loners. yep that's the way to go.

kath: that's all well and good, but what if he/she leaves you? NEVER underestermate the power of self reliance.

Or, maybe, the rest of you get this from your parents. @_@

ROFL

Heh...

um.......

;(

ahh lüt, you crazy fool... :)

In a healthy relationship, Ct_red_pants, you don't have to worry about that. I don't expect to marry this guy; I'm sure we'll break up some day - and on that day, we'll talk about it, break up amiably, and then remain friends. That's the way it's supposed to work. ::shrugs::

I don't underestimate the power of self-reliance - ask anyone who knows me, I'm extremely (sometimes too much so) self-reliant. I'm just cautioning some people against too much self-reliance. ^.^

I say, when she breaks up with you. Cry, then throw yourself down the stairs a few times.

I mean, I wouldn't do it, but it'd be funny to see you do it. That's just because you aren't me. :)

Archvile64 - You must've been in a bad relationship at some point. I hear a lot of people, guys mostly, talk about how they hate the "strings" attached to a relationship, how they feel 'tied down', or 'restricted'. The reason this happens is because, in a lot of (especially teen and young adult) relationships, the participants (especially girls) feel at once very insecure about themselves and verymuch in love/lust with their significant other. So, they feel that they should spend every waking moment with their girlfriend/boyfriend, and conversely, feel that their SO should feel the same way. THIS IS WRONG. In a healthy relationship, the participants shouldn't feel obligated in any way. The relationship should be perfectly natural -relaxed, so to speak. If you go around expecting your SO to spend every moment of his or her free time with you, or to accomodate YOUR free time, the relationship is destined to fail. In fact, expectations in relationships are largely too high, in my experience. My relationship right now is a very low-expectation one; we don't really request or expect anything of each other. Some, who are so wound up in thinking that a relationship is when you do things for someone else (many highschoolers feel this way, it seems), might ask how it is a relationship, then - we just love each other; we spend time together, occasionally, and he does his thing, I do my thing, and then every once in awhile we have sex.

Well...I've only been in one long-term relationship, and it was great. I really cared for the girl, and I'm pretty sure it was vice versa. I lasted for probably 4-5 months, and I really enjoyed it.

What I meant by freedom, was the ability to hook up with whoever I want, whenever I want. I didn't want to do this during my relationship, because I thought that would be considered cheating, and I didn't want the relationship to end right then because of that. It wasn't a matter of spending "every waking moment" with her. I just found that I got more ass when I wasn't involved in a relationship, than when I was involved in one, and I realized I didn't need a "real" relationship until I was at least in college.

That's why I'm going to take high school the way orion described it. There's no reason to build a serious, long-term relationship, then end up not seeing the girl again because of everyone going off to different colleges, etc.

Thankyou Kat. xx.

You're right, I don't have lots of close friends, sure lots of 'friends', but I'd only feel comfortable talking about this with a few of them, and they're ALL girls, heh.

Coming off a crush is like giving up a bad habit, an addiction, like smoking, but not as bad. You see, I was convinced about this girl, what she was like, and thought I stood a fair chance. So I had sub-consciously convinced myself that she would love to go for that coff33. Which is why I went kind-of retarded when she started bullshitting for Britain. I had seriously overestimated her interest, and that is why it was a, God I *really* hate this word, crush. Thee I said it.

The thing is though, it is satisfying to have a crush, a plan of action, and feel the fantasy is still alive. I'm still thinking about her a bit, because she is without a doubt the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, but it is now soured, painful images my mind generates.

This is good though. The milk has to be soured, else I shaln't be weaned. I will get over her, I will comfort myself by knowing that she screwed up, not me, and that I will find someone better.

And I will know where the best forums on Earth are, and she won't know her arse from her elbow.

Thanks guys, I LOVE YOU ALL. Even Fredrik.

kath: that's all well and good, but what if he/she leaves you? NEVER underestermate the power of self reliance.

This is the exact reason why I currently think the way I do: I do NOT want a g/f.
Sure, I realize that a relationship *could* be the best thing that could happen to me, but I've seen too many people leave each other and I've seen with my own eyes the unhappyness that this generates.
And lonelyness is only misery if you have tried sharing your life with someone you cared a lot for.

I once tried leading a normal life as they call it, but I found out that I was just the wrong kind of person for a "normal" life.

I'm so fucking alone...

I'm here for ya Dan.

...get your fuckin' hand off my leg...

Anyway, love can hurt, time helps heal, life goes on. People are so hung up on one person they let the rest of the world pass them by, that is not the way to live.

Love is a good thing, but only if ya can handle it.
I get the impression that most people can't - just look at all the bad marriages where people do nothing but argue.

I believe that most people who get married do so out of love. However, I also think that a lot of those people get married strictly out of love, and that's not enough either. There are several things to consider when you think about marrying someone. I should know, I just got out of it.

DC

I believe that most people who get married do so out of love.

Hmm, I don't get people. Arguing because you love the person you're arguing with?
I mean, whenever my parents argued, they never seemed to love each other.

just look at all the bad marriages where people do nothing but argue.

Well, being with the same person forever and ever does get really annoying. I mean, how many times are you gonna play through E1M1 before moving onto E1M2? =)

I mean, whenever my parents argued, they never seemed to love each other.

Probably because they were mad at eachother.

Well I wasn't gonna post in dis thread, but I'm sorry... dis has gots ta be one of da saddest threads in all history.... I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YA'LL PEEPS IS COOL AS FUCK BUT AIN'T GOT NO SELF-CONFIDENCE!

I've chilled with most of ya'll peeps up in dis piece for a while now, and most of ya'll is really smart, funny, and just plain fun ta holler at... and yet 90% of ya'll ain't got no fuckin' confidence... WHAT DA HELL!!!????

First: PRITCH, I'm sorry for yo loss dawg, but... you should have really listened when you asked for advice (most peeps don't seem to listen anyways, though), cuz it seems dat me, prime, dsm and 999cop hit da nail right on nose. Da grass always looks greener on da other side... ah well, shit happens.... don't let it depress ya, you'll meet other girls bro. And as for MS. unattainable.... maybe yo problem was sein her as unattainable.. maybe you just gave up too easy on her.... of course I'm gonna need more details ta help ya with this one......

Now, if ya really like yo ex-girl, and miss her, go up to her, apologize, tell her why you did it (be honest), but in a way dat doesn't offend her.... then let her know how much she means to you.... do this in person, PRIVATELY, so you ain't gots no other peeps walkin by and sayin stupid shit.... givin her a rose might help too (just 1, NOT 12 dat's overkill!). Dat's da best advice I can offer at da moment..... don't let her get away if you still want her, just because you feel scared or like ya fucked up.... everybody fucks up dawg, no one's perfect! I'll try and aim ya later today! AND LISTEN TO WHAT KAT, DOOM-DUDE AND PRIME SAID TOO... cuz they is givin ya some REAL good advice (thanks for doin mah job for me ya'll)!
;)

Katerhyne, Doom-dude and Prime: good advice ya'll! I hope things work out for you and yours!

Love is a good thing, but only if ya can handle it.
I get the impression that most people can't - just look at all the bad marriages where people do nothing but argue.

DSM: dat is da smartest thing dat I've eva heard out of yo mouth! Some peeps think dat once they gots someone they love, dat they is gonna lose them someday, so they get really possesive and cruel in da process, thus destroyin da love they once had! Jealousy can be a real bitch!
:(

Plus some peeps get so comfortable bein around each other contstantly dat they forgot to care about da other person's feelings and feel dat they should worry about themselves more because they feel dat they is bein taken for a fool! Things like dis are what ruin some great marriages! It's truly some sad shit!
;_;

Just learn from your mistakes...there's gotta be someone else out there for you other than your ex.

AV64: real good advice here dawg! I give ya props for dat! This is a good attitude ta have... learn from yo mistakes, and then go from there... don't let things get ya down too much! It's OK to feel sad and a little dumb, as long as ya don't do it too much! :)

Synopsis: now, now, be a good boy... or I'll have ta lock yo ass in post hell again!
:P

Fodders: heh, I like da way you offer some good advice, and then crack a joke behind it.... most of these peeps probably don't even notice what you is sayin... real subtle there!
:P

Deathwarrior: BUZZZZZZZZZ!!!! WRONG, read mah statement below!

{b]NOW AS FOR DA REST OF YA'LL WHO SEEM TO BE ALONE OR SAD, AND SAID THINGS LIKE DIS:[/b]

(SEE POST BELOW!!!)

If you don't have a real life, you can't screw it up.

OR

Bah, all you people need to learn how to be loners. The only times I ever bothered with girlfriends is when they came to me, not the other way around. I'd sure never go looking for one on my own.

OR EVEN

I'm so fucking alone...

this shit is sad in my eyes for only one fuckin reason:

BECAUSE YA'LL AIN'T DOIN NUTHIN ABOUT IT TO IMPROVE DA QUALITY OF YO LIVES!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
>:(

Come on ya'll what's da deal?

Ya'll pees got enough confidence to post on a forum constantly, release projects for everyone to see, and give yo honest opinions on different subjects WITHOUT bein afrad..... why not do da same things in life!

I know what ya'll peeps is goin thru believe it or not... when I was around 13 I had a SERIOUS GF for two years (da only reason we broke up is cuz I moved ta Florida!) and I was in middle school at da time.... I pictured mahself as a short, geeky nigga who wore glasses... and yet most of da girls in da school always seemed ta flirt with me.... I always figured dat they wuz just playin with mah head ta embaress me! But.... now dat I think about it, it seems dat about 90% of them girls was actually serious, and wanted ta hook up.

Now.... why in da world would a bunch of beautiful honey's wanna hook up with a short, UGLY (in mah eyes at da time), puerto rican nigga, who wears glasses, act's dumb, and ain't gots no money, and just likes ta play video games....... da answer is so simple, and yet it eluded me..... and here it is.....

........because I was a nice person who seemed like he would treat them like they was worth everythin ta me and make them feel special and loved, WITHOUT hurtin their feelins!

Dat's it.... no fancy secret or techniques or anythings...... the answer was dat simple... and yet until I was about 18, this answer eluded me! My confidence came ta me when I started college and got out on mah own (somewhat)! Da fact wuz dat while I pictured mahself as an ugle creature, da only reason I appeared ugly to mahself wuz because I lacked self confidence! I wuz da same way in high school (in FLORIDA)... now I see most of them peeps from back in da day, and I notice dat they is cool with me.... da only reason they wasn't cool with me back then, is cuz I always seemed to shy away from them.... It's kinda hard to talk to somebody when they won't give you their honest opinions!

DAT'S IT, YA'll! IT's dat fuckin simple.... and if I did it, anybody could do it... my external looks didn't change or anythin, and I didn't take a magic potion or cast any spells.... I told mahself deep down inside dat I wuz gonna be da man, one way or another.... and slowly but surely I became DA ESCO dat ya see before yo eyes! And I'm glad I did it.... cuz mah life is 1000 times better now!

Now don't get me wrong... there's nothin wrong with bein a loner... as long as it's what ya truly want! And you can't know if it's what ya truly want unless you've tried bein a "social bug" (I guess dat's da term for it) too! If you haven't... then you don't truly know if you iz missin out on somethin! Now if you have tried it and prefer bein alone... coo, it's all gravy, do yo thing! If dat's what makes ya truly happy go for it! But it seems dat most of ya'll peeps don't truly want ta live like dis, and is only doin it cuz you is afraid of lookin dumb..... trust me when I say FUCK WHAT OTHER PEEPS THINK!!!

Why waste yo life away worryin about what every dumb mothafucka in yo school, or neighbohood thinks.... ya only live once, do ya'll peeps really wants ta waste yo lives bein alone, scared, and worried about what everyone thinks, and wantin more out of life than ya gots!? Da popular peeps got what they wanted because they made things happen for themselves one way or another.... I know peeps dat have all kinds of handicaps and retarddations, and yet they is some of da most loved peeps in da school! It's all about PERSONALITY ya'll! Everybody gets sad, everybody gets rejected, EVERYBODY gets laughed at.... NO MATTER HOW POPULARE THEY IS OR WHAT THEY GOTS GOIN ON!! NO EXCEPTIONS TO DA RULE!!!! It's ok.... it's not da end of da world! Ya just gots ta learn ta be ready ta deal with it, and say fuck it... no big deal!

.... it's your lives, your hopes and your dreams.... make them a reality ya'll! Make life worth livin!
¦]

This is a sure fire way that, if Pritch followed, his ex would be back in his arms by now:
What you do is, when you go out with a girl, you secretly stick nicotine replacement patches on her back where she can't see them, then, after a month or so of this, if she ever finishes with you, at the end of a week she will be climbing the walls feeling a need to be back with you

BECAUSE YA'LL AIN'T DOIN NUTHIN ABOUT IT TO IMPROVE DA QUALITY OF YO LIVES!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

Hm, while a part of me wants to improve my life, another part keeps yellin' at me, tellin' me about all these poor people in the third world countries who've got next to nothing - and then I realize just how fuckin' good my life really is, despite being a loner.

another part keeps yellin' at me, tellin' me about all these poor people in the third world countries who've got next to nothing - and then I realize just how fuckin' good my life really is, despite being a loner.

Just because somebody's worse off than you is no reason not to better yourself.

Now.... why in da world would a bunch of beautiful honey's wanna hook up with a short, UGLY (in mah eyes at da time), puerto rican nigga, who wears glasses, act's dumb, and ain't gots no money, and just likes ta play video games....... da answer is so simple, and yet it eluded me..... and here it is.....

........because I was a nice person who seemed like he would treat them like they was worth everythin ta me and make them feel special and loved, WITHOUT hurtin their feelins!

One semester at high school taught me this real quick.

heh, thanks pimpfish.

You and me go into posthell togther buddy, all the way.

Religion and politics... A fate worse than post hell!