Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[DMG] - Join SpeedMIDI session #3 with a partner! (See page 2)

Hey this is pretty neat. I don't really have any finished MIDIs but I do have a good bit of under-construction ones from over the years and this is kind of motivating me to maybe finish them just for the sake of being able to throw them on the internet somewhere :P

Keep signing up and posting, people! We're eager to start accepting requests. :)

~~~NEW IDEA ALERT~~~

:P

Me and Icytux are working on a little something together, and it got me thinking about a new event, or perhaps some kind of "special edition" of the SpeedMIDI sessions. :D

SpeedMIDI tennis matches. The concept behind which is that instead of entrants working on something alone, they work in cooperation with a partner. The term "tennis match" implies that the submission goes "back and forth" between the two partners (however many times is necessary), before being finalized by both people.

I believe that an event like this would actively encourage more MIDI artists to participate in these sessions, but all potential entrants should probably be allocated at the very least 48 hours during the session to do at least one "round" - that is, the first entrant cooks something up, before handing it over to the other person to finish it/make other edits, and then if necessary they just toss the MIDI back and forth between each other until it's finished. I might even allow pairs to do more than one submission, as per the rules of the normal sessions. :)

I also had the idea of making it more competitive, so the team to produce the highest-quality stuff I (or perhaps a small panel of judges) would declare the overall winner, maybe also declaring a 2nd and 3rd place winner. This should make things a bit more interesting. :)

However, timing and availability would definitely be an issue for an event like this, so all entrants would be notified of the date and time of the session about a week or two beforehand, and during that time they can also start to pair up.

I haven't put forth all my ideas surrounding this concept just yet, but this is at least a start. I think it would be something really cool for the community to take part in, but that is only if the execution of the session is just right. Date, time, session length, and additional rules should probably be discussed before we go any further. :P

All input on this idea is welcome.

I don't think it's a good idea to make it competitive - I'd prefer it if it was just making midis 'for fun'. Otherwise, sure, count me in!

Okay, the third SpeedMIDI session to take place on DMG (which will last between 12:00AM GMT 3rd December, and 12:00PM GMT 6th December (that's right, 60 hours)) will be a tennis match. If you wish to write something for this, and would like to find someone to pair up with, please do so, either via PM or this thread. :)

Are you a cool enough dude to take part?!

45 minutes before the sixty-hour tennis session starts! Start pairing up, people!! :P

EDIT: Find a partner and create a song with a tempo in the range of 170-190, à la drum 'n' bass.

Join us on the official IRC channel as the action unfolds over the weekend. :) You all have 60 hours starting NOW. :D

Er, I mean 84 hours. >_<

Anyway, 47 hours to go as of this post. Here's what me and Stewboy have been working on. :P