Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iHaveToPee

Problem with edditing map01's music

Hey, i'm new here so i have no idea if this thread is connected to doombuilder or to xwe :D
anyway, i'm working on my wad and i'v built 4 levels so far.
In maps 2-4 i managed to change the map's music with xwe, in map 1 I tried the same way with XWE to change the music and nothing works.
Every time that i test map 1 I have the music of the original map 1 of doom 2 even if in my entries in XWE i see different music.

How can I fix it? I want different music for map 01 and every time that i try to change it like in the other maps only in this map it dosen't work.

You're being a little to vague... how are you replacing the music? Using mapinfo/etc. or just by placing new music in your pwad? If you're just replacing the files double check to make sure that it has the correct name, I think its D_RUNNIN for Doom 2.

I open xwe, then I open my map's wad and go to music.
I add d_runin and then i go to entries, and I replace it with something else.
In all the maps that i tried it worked except for lvl 1.

For one thing, there're 2 n's in D_RUNNIN ... what I usually do to add music it to go to the music tab, create a new entry named D_RUNNIN, and then replace - enter midi file. I don't think I use the replace 'raw data' version, but it's been a while since I added music to something.

nvm i changed the music now :D
I have another question:
I want to make a via teleport ambush and in order to do it i use the floor lower action on the monsters's sectors, my problem is how do i alert them to move if they'r far away from the sector that they'r used to teleport to.
Do I need to use scripts or something?

You don't need to, though if you have scripting available you can just spawn the monsters in. However if you're using a port without scripting, you can make a small sector (I like 4x4xz triangles) within a sector you want the monsters alerted and another within the untagged sector the monsters start in, then select both triangle sectors (start with the one in the map) and press ctrl+m. That merges the sectors, making anything that's heard near one location heard in the other. And just some advice on monster teleports, I've found making a box, about 96x256, then making a smaller box within it (give about 32 units space between the boxes, adjust for larger monsters' radius) that the monsters actually go in, allows them to warp in best. Also making the tagged sector 1 pixel too high/low for monsters to pass let's them warp in immediately.

Can you explain what u said a bit simpler?
I mean, for example I made 6 sectors of 64x128 with imps, I made in each sector two sectors of 64x64 and the one with the imps has higher floor than the one with the teleport line (in the second 64x64 I made a teleport line in the middle of the sector).
I tagged the imps sectors that the floor will lower in order that they'll be able to walk however which sectors do I have to tag in order to alert them?
EDIT: I think that I found a solution, when I made the 6 sectors I did join sectors to them with the main sector and now the imps are alerted, well the imps's sectors are close to the main sector, now i'll cehck if its working even if the sectors are far away.