Extreme Doom Mod

How do you think this will be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think this will be?

• Awesome
    • Good
    • Meh
    • BAD

I am making an "extreme" doom 2 mod that means my maps arent focused on complexity but on difficulty, i also am modding the weapons to more "extreme" ones (double shotgun(not double barreled))although i suck at spriting...
I only completed one level yet so i was hoping for some hints or tips
I state that I AM A NOOB so if you wanna diss my work you can go piss off if you have constructive criticism i will be glad to hear you...
For a real challenge play in nightmare i dare you to finish it with only one try
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?dvam4r16w1uk5rx
I will be posting updates here

Hdcable, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Lizardcommando said:

Just post the screenshots.

This. People aren't going to ask you to send them screenshots when you could easily just post them, especially since all you have to entice people to do so is a very brief description that tells us effectively nothing about the WAD or how much has been completed thus far.

Lizardcommando said:

Just post the screenshots.

I'm kinda of new to this forum thing i dont know how to post pictures...

Foodles said:

upload them to a site like mediafire and then just copy and paste the links onto this thread

Done it already :) link is on the first post

You need to open the wad in XWE or Slumped or Slade3, and then delete all resources that aren't necessary. Did you just modify an Ultimate Doom Iwad and upload it? You need to make a PWAD, with only your new maps and resources.

And then put the wad file in a .zip archive

phi108 said:

You need to open the wad in XWE or Slumped or Slade3, and then delete all resources that aren't necessary. Did you just modify an Ultimate Doom Iwad and upload it? You need to make a PWAD, with only your new maps and resources.

And then put the wad file in a .zip archive

Alright thanks for the tip... i will reupload it...

Surprisingly easy on HMP - infighting accounted for the sergeant (after he'd obligingly opened the door to the next room), imps and most of the lost souls. The barons can be shotgun-sniped before jumping down to grab the plasma rifle and the spectres are only a problem if you're careless.

Not terribly extreme...it's tedious if you use the shotgun sniping method and frustrating if you don't, since it's a blind drip and you run a risk of being cornered and clawed to death upon landing. The lost souls were also annoying. The spectres, imps and shotgun sergeant were pretty superfluous. Also, you should have more than just a row of interconnecting empty square rooms; that doesn't make for interesting battles. Added cover, windows to other rooms, open areas with monsters stationed strategically as well as roaming monsters to keep most of the area covered by some enemies fire...I know you're not going for complexity but a little more than you have might be good. ;P

StupidBunny said:

Not terribly extreme...it's tedious if you use the shotgun sniping method and frustrating if you don't, since it's a blind drip and you run a risk of being cornered and clawed to death upon landing. The lost souls were also annoying. The spectres, imps and shotgun sergeant were pretty superfluous. Also, you should have more than just a row of interconnecting empty square rooms; that doesn't make for interesting battles. Added cover, windows to other rooms, open areas with monsters stationed strategically as well as roaming monsters to keep most of the area covered by some enemies fire...I know you're not going for complexity but a little more than you have might be good. ;P

Thanks for the tip it helped me alot i will try to give it a fix!