Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Korblox10

Doom 4=lie

Not only is the picture a Games for Windows "box" image, but it says "Also on:" not "Only on:" for additional platforms. The text This game has not yet been confirmed for any specific platform -- it may or not be released on this system. Please check back for official information. is generic text to pardon liability for any possible rumors one way or the other about platform availability.

Stop the FUD.

None of the article linked to from that page say anything about the game not being available on the PC.

Furthermore, what it does say is that it uses the same tech as Rage, which has been confirmed for the PC several times.

Clonehunter said:

Is that what the cover is going to look like?

Unlikely. Say's "Not Final Art" in the bottom right corner, so this is just a stand in cover until they reveal the finished one later.

Crap, I hope they're not optimizing this too for the shitty consoles so the PC version becomes lacking.

That would suck ^

To me DooM was never a console game, so a specially made Console version of DooM would be just plain idiotic in my mind.

Whoa, a PS3 version? The last time Doom was available for a Playstation console was back with Final Doom. I always kinda wondered why none of the old Doom games were never ported to PS/PSN, or why Doom 3 was strictly for Windows/Microsoft XBox.

Finally Doom arrives back on the Sony front.

I think Microsoft somehow have classic Duke and Doom reserved for XBox Live, otherwise they should be on the PSN store. All PSN has is Wolfenstein :/

Also, I doubt the PS2 could run Doom3, Doom3 for the XBox is pretty nerfed as it is to run (low graphics setting, levels shortened or cut)

Clonehunter said:

That would suck ^

To me DooM was never a console game, so a specially made Console version of DooM would be just plain idiotic in my mind.

Just like DOOM64, right? =P
But then Doom64 TC: Absolution was way better, so...

printz said:

Crap, I hope they're not optimizing this too for the shitty consoles so the PC version becomes lacking.

Considering this is the same company that did the exact opposite for the previous Doom release, I don't think you have to worry about that. I wish they would've waited a bit longer and ported the console version of Doom 3 to the 360 and PS3 instead of the original xbox so it wouldn't have had to be cut down nearly as much, but I digress on that. I think everyone's too ready to assume any PC game turned multi-platform is going to take the Call of Duty route.

Clonehunter said:

Whoa, a PS3 version? The last time Doom was available for a Playstation console was back with Final Doom. I always kinda wondered why none of the old Doom games were never ported to PS/PSN, or why Doom 3 was strictly for Windows/Microsoft XBox.

BUT! You can run Doom 3 on Linux via Wine!

audiodef said:

BUT! You can run Doom 3 on Linux via Wine!

Better yet, just use the native Linux build.

Edward850 said:

Better yet, just use the native Linux build.

Yeah, but for some reason, my mouse won't move in the Linux build. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.