Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

IMDB redesign.

I don't use it that much anymore, but I just took a gander... meh. Just looks stupid. Cluttered? Mhm.

I'll stick to RYM and their films section.

Belial said:

I HATE IT...

... so I ticked 'Show previous title and name page design'.

i couldn't spot the change, so i went and checked this option and nothing was different. what is wrong with me?!?! i wanna hate on new designs too! :(

Jodwin said:

Show me a single website redesign that has been accepted with joy and glee by the users.

Google Instant is pretty damn cool if that counts.

Typical modern web design that emphasizes looks over functionality. These idiot web designers are slowly but steadily killing it.

It's awful. With the old design everything was quickly reachable. Now I have to scroll up and down just to find the links to the pages I want to see.

No, I need more dark colours. [silly]The only reason I come to Doomworld is because I don't get any glare from te screen when browsing after dark.[/silly]

Mr. Freeze said:

Who uses IMDB over Wikipedia?

Indeed, it's time is past. Some of the reviews were just bonkers too, and the comments worse. One review of a very violent film mentioned a scene of cow's guts everywhere, and a comment then said "the listed review is typical of the ass-backward, leftist fruits you get in (city that's probably really full of recnecks) who put the welfare of animals over people". Then there was the thread about Renaissance saying that it was "A sin city ripoff". Then there was various moronic bullshit on the forum of Boys Don't Cry. I never even dared look at the one for Brokeback Mountain...

Also thier forums were crap too, they seemed to randomly decide weather or not you could even SEE them without logging in. Or else you could only see them in some idiotic newsgroup-esque mess, and you had to register and log in to CHANGE THE VIEWING OPTIONS.

Jodwin said:

Show me a single website redesign that has been accepted with joy and glee by the users.

GameFAQs? I'm sure there were plenty of faggots that didn't like it, but I think it was definitely an improvement. It's a little nicer looking than it was back in the day, and more functional without being too cluttered with useless bloat images like most game sites.

Yeah, I pretty much use Wikipedia and tvtropes over IMDB these days. IMDB just seems to exist for publicity reasons, if anything.

Belial said:

I HATE IT...

... so I ticked 'Show previous title and name page design'.

Wow thanks, that's so much better...and would you look at that, i can even revert all titles back to their original names!

Law of Redesign: The new site must be slower and more bloated, with no change in functionality. See: YouTube, Steam, Wikipedia.

Yeah, what the fuck has been up with Wikipedia these last few months? It takes a full minute to load for me anymore. It used to load instantly.

metacritic.com recently had a redesign as well, and I hated that too. Too much going on and confusing.

I agree with GZ, that this is a case of 'looks' over functionality.

Even the home of web standards, w3c, have an ugly, cluttered website. It just looks like someone has generated the layout by sticking a bunch of paragraphs up their nose and sneezing.