Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EternalDoomer

RTP (E1 Hell revealed Doom 2 Remix for Zdoom)

Edit : Forgot to mention it's a Doom 2 level, not a Doom 1 or ultimate Doom.

EDIT : Placed it on Mediafire...... Play it with Zdoom. It's a Zdoom format level.

Here is a VERY big and extremly difficult Doom 2 level I created by combining all the architectures of each of the Doom 1 Episode 1 levels into one huge Zdoom level and added Hell Revealed Enemy placement. At the start it's easy.. But later on it gets harder, and harder, till it is really extreme. People who don't like slaughtermaps are warned to stay away!
I decided to post this after playing Timeofdeath's newest level based off of Doom 1's E1M8

working download:
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?4198n78iavwxaam[url]

note this requires Doom 2 and Zdoom. No other port would even allow me to build the map due to it's size.

EternalDoomer said:

note this requires Zdoom. No other port would even allow me to build the map due to it's size.

Size in what way? Overall scale? Segs/sidedefs count?

I don't get why people still use RapidShare. The one thing you can't do there is actually share something - because nobody can download it.

RS always works fine for me.

Edit: Last I checked HR didn't have every bit of free map space stuffed with every possible type of monster.

Of course it runs in Pr+ just fine, though I had to rebuild nodes so it wouldn't have ridiculous bleeding all over the place. Apparently needs jumping though, or maybe just the shitty way the maps are stitched together broke something.

Dminator is better.

Belial said:

Edit: Last I checked HR didn't have every bit of free map space stuffed with every possible type of monster.

LOL, screenshots would be nice :)

Oh boy, that was a waste of time...

Comparing this with Hell Revealed is some kind of an insult, because even while HR had ridiculous amounts of monsters, they were used in ways that were fun. Here, it's just an overload of copy&paste monster types that fill up every room. Greeeaaaat...

And like already mentioned, the levels are somewhat broken - even if you know every secret of every Doom1 map (which you should to play this one), you still get lost and go on endless switch hunts, because some barriers just seem broken and don't lower enough or at all.

This seems to me like just some lazy copy&paste work, filled with endless copy&paste monsters that annihilate every last bit of fun you could have with this by just exploring - now you have to kill 50 Imps in every room! Yay! Doom1 episodes have been remade to death and this is a bad one :(

To be a little constructive:
When I read the objective, I thought this would be like some Doom1 in reverse - all switches have been pressed, doors are already open and some paths are blocked off and you have to find ways around - you know... INTERESTING STUFF! But here, nothing interesting happens. Do you really think players wanna see the same old maps that they first played about 16 years ago over and over again, just with a gazillion monsters added? Well - I don't! I've played some Doom1 mod WAAAAY back called... Terminator Doom or something? It was just Episode 1 just with an overload of monsters like this one - even that was more fun than this :(

Thanks for reuploading to mediafire, but the page takes a long time to load with dial-up and I keep getting the message "Notice: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them".

Belial said:

You were saying...?

DoomHero85 said:

I got the same 10 downloads limit thing.

Looks like it's intentionally broken to me.

I usually upload things to rapidshare when I want only 10 people to test the sample. And only for a limited time.

TimeOfDeath said:

I keep getting the message "Notice: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them".

Same here until shortly before heading for bed.
Nice idea but has some bugs - such as having to jump to reach sector 1187 (old start point in E1M8) and sector 1101 (the rising floor in E1M7) not lowering when the switch is pressed.

"Nice idea but has some bugs - such as having to jump to reach sector 1187 (old start point in E1M8) and sector 1101 (the rising floor in E1M7) not lowering when the switch is pressed."

The First part is intentional... It's a zdoom map that requires jumping there. The second is because another sector in another episode 1 level section uses the same tag as the lowering floor in e1m7 making it not work...