Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Star Wars to be re-released in 3d

My DVD version is okay, but I never got to see the original movies on the big screen. Even if I did go see them when the special editions came out, I wouldn't remember it. I really hope Lucas gets his head straight and releases a 2d version along with them.

Mr. Freeze said:

I for one will watch all six movies in theaters, and I will do it proudly. Problem?

Mr. Freeze said:
I for one will watch all six in theaters, and I will do it proudly. Problem?

Six? I only count three. Next thing you'll be telling me there were sequels to The Matrix...

I already saw all the Star Wars movies in the theatres. I don't need to see them again, especially with fake 3d thrown in.

CODOR said:

Six? I only count three. Next thing you'll be telling me there were sequels to The Matrix...

And that there was a Doom movie.

So alright, I'm a huge star wars nerd myself for the unaltered original trilogy. Getting butthurt over Lucas releases will get you nowhere. I, conversely suggest looking into the various fanedits to despecialize the HD versions you can watch on TV. I have some 1080p restorations that look and sound amazing.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

And that Terminator 1/2's nicely-closed plot was hacked open again with a blunt instrument.

The "No fate but we make" line was nulled. Fuck Terminator 3.

Technician said:

The "No fate but we make" line was nulled. Fuck Terminator 3.

T3 isn't canon except for broad strokes of its plot. Relax.

eargosedown said:

I think most of us are butt hurt that Lucas just raped Star Wars a little more.

I get it, believe me. But anyone who didn't see this coming has to be kind of dense. Lucas has been raping our childhoods continuously since 1997 for the benefit of making more action figures. And he's swimming in money. Why would he stop now?

Shaikoten said:

So alright, I'm a huge star wars nerd myself for the unaltered original trilogy. Getting butthurt over Lucas releases will get you nowhere. I, conversely suggest looking into the various fanedits to despecialize the HD versions you can watch on TV. I have some 1080p restorations that look and sound amazing.

This definitely. One of the fan edits seemed to have a good set of goals, and looked great.

To me this all seems like yet another one of Lucas' half-arsed excuses to avoid making the final three films. I've finally lost patience.

As for T3, yeah, it very much is the delinquent child of the series, but hey, Salvation was ace.

scalliano said:

To me this all seems like yet another one of Lucas' half-arsed excuses to avoid making the final three films. I've finally lost patience.

huh? wait what?

ROTJ was the end, there was no continuation--and there's no reason for there to be. The films perspective was around Luke and Vader, and ROTJ ended that.

The Star Wars universe goes on for decades after episode 6 took place (novels etc.), plenty of which could be film material...but rumours of episodes 7-9 died years ago afaik. Last rumour I found they were planning a live-action series set between episodes 3 and 4...but that was mooted years ago too.

So there re-relasing Star Wars? Havn't they re-released those movies enough back into theatures? Dammit, when will my Indiana Jones re-release fantasy become true?

Clonehunter said:

So there re-relasing Star Wars? Havn't they re-released those movies enough back into theatures? Dammit, when will my Indiana Jones re-release fantasy become true?

Don't push for it! When ever he re-releases something, he "improves them".

Technician said:

Don't push for it! When ever he re-releases something, he "improves them".

I don't think there is any way he could make Temple of Doom any worse.

Give Indy yet another loud, annoying and practically useless sidekick to keep alive, though I don't know how you go about making Jar Jar Binks believable in a 1930's setting.

Clonehunter said:

WHo says Spielberg would let him "improve it"

See E.T. for proof that Spielberg is happy to do this.

GreyGhost said:

Give Indy yet another loud, annoying and practically useless sidekick to keep alive, though I don't know how you go about making Jar Jar Binks believable in a 1930's setting.

Just make him a stereotypical 1930s nagger, cuz that's what Jar jar was... along with the Jew slave owner and Jap "Trade Federation" LMFAO

Technician said:

Temple of wha?

Doom. Indy movie number 2, of the orginal three films... You know, the GOOD ones, and not that crappy fourth installment from the halls of Universal and LucasFilm.

That foruth movie wrecked the series.